What is this, & what is it used for?

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

What is this, & what is it used for?

This is a discussion on What is this, & what is it used for? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • What is this horse tack used for
  • What are horses used for in USA

LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-05-2008, 04:22 AM
What is this, & what is it used for?

I bought these thinking they were long-reins for training in hand, they're a pair of two, but when I opened the package I noticed a different kind of buckle and lock, and that one side has a round thing for the string to go through, I didn't quite know how to use it or even what it could be. Bought it at a tack shop, here are some photos that might help identify this item's use.

(I ended up using 2 lunging ropes to train in hand)

Very odd looking lock?
Sponsored Links
    12-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Green Broke
I was going to say pulley draw reins at first, but you'd need two pulleys for that, lol. Maybe some kind of chambon or other type lunging device?
::: Sustainable Dressage - Tack & Auxillary Equipment - Gadgets & Auxiliary Equpiment :::
    12-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Very strange.. can't say as though I have seen anything quite like that before.. But if I were to take a shot in the dark, perhaps a Martin Gaile type rein. Hmmm!
    12-06-2008, 10:37 AM
I was going to say some kind of draw reins too until I saw that funny hook thing. Ask the store and let us all know please!
    12-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I thought they were too at first. They look odd though, lol. Maybe some weird lead thingy?
    12-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Green Broke
Well darn, I thought I had it, but it's not quite it. Poptart made me think of it when she said lead thingy. I was thinking maybe it's a "Stableizer", but it doesn't have all the right parts.

The Stableizer
    12-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Green Broke
Do both lines have a rope end like that and a pulley? Is the brass hook at the end of both lines?

Can you take a picture of both lines together, loosely coiled so we can clearly see the whole length of the line?

You have me really curious now, lol.
    12-09-2008, 10:49 AM
^@luvs2ride1979, will take those pictures for you. Lol @ you being curious, I enjoy that.. chances are YOU'LL be the one to answer my question, haha.
    12-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Did you ever find out what these are?
    12-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Gag bridle possibly.... I would ask a trainer....???

Thread Tools

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0