What's this bit?

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

What's this bit?

This is a discussion on What's this bit? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
    What's this bit?

    I've recently put my mare back in a bit after about two years in a hackamore... She's begun acting like a butthead with a hackamore (I think part of it has to do with the fact that it's winter and she's feeling a lot hyper too), so I figured to change to a bit and maybe she'd calm down some... I've put her in this bit (I borrowed it from a friend a while back and have never used it before today)... I think it's some sort of correction bit, but I'm not sure... but my mare is acting so much better with it and she's so much more responsive that I'm keeping her in it for a while.

    What kind of bit is it? (sorry, these are the only pictures I have).

    Sponsored Links
        11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
    Green Broke
    It's a medium port curb with swivel cheeks. I'll see if I can track one down for a more specific "name."
        11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
    Green Broke
    Here are some that are close:

    Aluminum Medium Port Quick Bit - Quick Bit is an actual brand, they are great by the way ;)
    Engraved Aluminum Medium Port Bit by Partrade
    EQTACK - Excellent Quality Horse Tack : Toklat 5" Western Medium Copper Roller Port Mouth [TK-88-58335] - $60.95
    Partrade Metalab Aluminum Training Bit 261100 - Scruggsfarm.com
        11-16-2008, 07:13 PM

    Thread Tools

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0