What's your opinion on Kincade tack? Specifially bridles?
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

What's your opinion on Kincade tack? Specifially bridles?

This is a discussion on What's your opinion on Kincade tack? Specifially bridles? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Whats a bridle
  • Kinkade bridle

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-30-2009, 01:27 AM
  #1
Weanling
Question What's your opinion on Kincade tack? Specifially bridles?

I'm looking for a cheap bridle for my horse. I don't ride her often enough to justify spending a lot of money on one, but I am entering her in a show soon, so I need a nice looking bridle for it. I'm not going to be doing any major showing; in fact I probably won't show again until the next time the rodeo comes back.

Anyways, I found a nice looking, inexpensive bridle. It's a by a brand called Kincade, and it's their 'raised fancy stitched bridle.' Here's what it looks like:


It looks like a decent bridle, especially for $44.49 including shipping. Plus, my horse is grey, so I have an idea of how it will look on her.

I've heard some differing opinions on them, though. Some people say that they're crap, and others love them and say not to bother wasting your money on something more expensive. I'd love to hear your guys opinions on Kincade tack, specifically their bridles.

Also, if anyone knows of any other decent quality, cheap brands, I'd love to hear them. Please keep in mind that I do need the bridle to be at least 46" from bit to bit, so an oversize or draft size option is a must.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-30-2009, 03:30 AM
  #2
Showing
I don't know much about the brand but the picture looks to be pretty decent quality. If you are not having to have something withstand constant heavy use or lots of pressure, I think something inexpensive is fine. I have never spent any more than 50 dollars on a bridle and have never had problems but mine are priced differently (western tack). It looks fine to me. The only thing that I notice is that the bit appears to be stitched to the bridle and reins preventing you from changing bits but I could be wrong.
     
    01-30-2009, 08:59 AM
  #3
Weanling
My first bridle was Kincade.. Soft and supple as butter from the day I got it. It held up great and the reins were super soft. I loved it.

I say go for it.
     
    01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
  #4
Weanling
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
I don't know much about the brand but the picture looks to be pretty decent quality. If you are not having to have something withstand constant heavy use or lots of pressure, I think something inexpensive is fine. I have never spent any more than 50 dollars on a bridle and have never had problems but mine are priced differently (western tack). It looks fine to me. The only thing that I notice is that the bit appears to be stitched to the bridle and reins preventing you from changing bits but I could be wrong.
Haha, I know the feeling. I'm currenty riding my horse in a $14 nylon bridle. The bit cost more than the bridle itself did.

And it's not stitched on, the leather goes around it and back up to the top. Thanks for pointing that out, though.
     
    01-30-2009, 11:51 AM
  #5
Weanling
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0n Zero    
My first bridle was Kincade.. Soft and supple as butter from the day I got it. It held up great and the reins were super soft. I loved it.

I say go for it.
Thanks for your opinion.

Anyone else?
     
    01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
  #6
Foal
I like them for the price. They are definetly not the highest quality leather, but you cannot beat that price for such a nice looking bridle! I would just oil it often because it is not the best leather! Overall, I would say get it, I have one for my little pony and LOVE it!
     
    02-01-2009, 12:35 PM
  #7
Weanling
Anyone else?
     
    02-01-2009, 12:41 PM
  #8
Yearling
Wow. That's the bridle I'm looking at getting to go with my new saddle. I'll be interested to hear other people's opinions as well. =)
     
    02-01-2009, 12:41 PM
  #9
Green Broke
I like the looks of it. Looks like a nice bridle for $45.
     
    02-01-2009, 05:37 PM
  #10
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchunterjumper    
I like them for the price. They are definetly not the highest quality leather, but you cannot beat that price for such a nice looking bridle! I would just oil it often because it is not the best leather! Overall, I would say get it, I have one for my little pony and LOVE it!

I agree completely. It's not the best leather (i personally find it to be a little stiff and harder to break in then the higher quality brands) and my biggest pet peeve of cheaper brands is the keepers tend to be really small! (anyone else find that to be true?) It makes unbuckling anything a huge pain. But if you are looking for something that's decent without spending a lot of money it's a good choice. I'd much rather buy a cheap bridle then a cheap saddle.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nylon (?) Bridles? FutureVetGirl Horse Tack and Equipment 6 09-02-2008 04:51 PM
KINCADE AND STATUS SADDLES... Evil Or Not?? Jadieee Horse Tack and Equipment 4 05-26-2008 09:28 PM
Kincade saddle amightytarzan5 Horse Tack and Equipment 10 05-20-2008 07:54 PM
Status or Kincade AP Saddles - What are they like? lub2ride Horse Tack and Equipment 4 02-20-2008 07:00 PM
Status and Kincade AP Saddles : What are they like? lub2ride Horse Tack and Equipment 2 02-14-2008 04:24 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0