Where to find this bit?

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Where to find this bit?

This is a discussion on Where to find this bit? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Where to find this bit?

My aunt and uncle are sending us a their best Arabian mare, a finished reiner, and a 4 y/o greenie, from Colorado. They're boarding the truck tomorrow morning, will travel in box stalls, and arrive here Friday morning. Needless to say, I'm psyched! This mare is absolutely fantastic to ride.

Anyway, my uncle sent me a few pictures of the bit she works in now, which is a low port correction bit. He said she can also go in a grazing bit. My dad's going to Schneider's while I'm at school tomorrow to try and find a comparable bit.

I attached pictures of the correction bit, can anyone help me find something comparable online? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bit.jpg (42.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg bit2.jpg (39.6 KB, 104 views)
Sponsored Links
    08-28-2012, 10:53 PM
This is the closest I've found to it so far, but it doesn't say the port height in the description and it looks to be much bigger.

Western Horse Bits-Metalab Antique Oval Floral Trim Correcting Bit

This one looks to have the smaller port, but longer shanks.

Western Horse Bits-Metalab Antique Low Correcting Floral Show Bit

A higher port here, but the shanks aren't too long:

    08-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Look at correction bits. You should find that exact one
    08-28-2012, 11:03 PM
I have been, and believe it or not I can't find anything close to it. Do you have any links to places that might have it?

ETA: This one looks promising, what do you think?

    08-28-2012, 11:08 PM
I have a couple of corrections for sale in the classified section here with pics....they might have a taller port though.
    08-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Cowchick, thanks. Will take a look.

I think I might have found it!

CLASSIC - Classic 1" x 1-3/4" Correction Bit - NRSworld.com

    08-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Shanks are totally different. The closest, IMO, is the first one in equiniphile's post. You have to look at so many factors, but if the horse goes well in it, I would try and keep it as close as possible. However, there certainly are lots of more knowledgeable folks than I on here.
    08-28-2012, 11:20 PM
I got my correction bit (For western and english, kimberwicke correction) from Valley Tack (Valley City, Ohio, you've heard of them I'm sure)

Not the EXACT same bit, but very similar.
    08-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I've seen that bit at Schneider's. Your dad shouldn't have any trouble finding the right thing there. They specialize in stuff for Arabians.
    08-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Okay, dumb question. What is the purpose of this bit?

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How did you find yours? cloud9 Horse Riding 10 04-08-2011 06:48 PM
How Do You Find Your Hay? Rosebud64 Farm Forum 23 03-26-2010 04:04 PM
Need help to find a BIT??? DixiesPaintedNova Horse Training 6 02-18-2009 10:48 PM
can I find my TWH's dam? Lori1983 Gaited Horses 7 02-13-2009 08:49 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0