White Tack? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

White Tack?

This is a discussion on White Tack? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Where can i buy race horse white leather briddle
  • White tack

Like Tree2Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
  #11
Started
Lots of racehorses wear white bridles. You'd be hardpressed to find a white saddle.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-25-2012, 10:09 PM
  #12
Yearling
Look for biothane. Comes in lots of colors and wipes clean easily.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-25-2012, 11:54 PM
  #13
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji321    
Lots of racehorses wear white bridles. You'd be hardpressed to find a white saddle.
Yeah, my favourite ever racehorse Sunline ran in a white bridle throughout her career - very distinctive! Although I do think they look best on dark bays/browns or young greys, where there's some contrast. They're all synthetic so a lot easier to clean and they won't get the same wear marks that white leather does (although they do tend to look a bit shiny sometimes).

There really needs to be a (free! ) computer program where you can choose the coat colour, build and approximate markings of your horse and then test out all different colours of tack on them! Almost tempted to create one myself...only spare time is nonexistent at the moment
Tianimalz likes this.
     
    11-26-2012, 12:13 AM
  #14
Started
Not all are synthetic, my Great-uncle's are leather. I saw a bay racer that had a teal biothane bridle once. You could see him all the way to the backstretch in that thing! Sooooo pretty!
     
    11-26-2012, 12:40 AM
  #15
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji321    
Not all are synthetic, my Great-uncle's are leather. I saw a bay racer that had a teal biothane bridle once. You could see him all the way to the backstretch in that thing! Sooooo pretty!
Interesting, never seen a leather one over here, all the ones I've seen are PVC. I must assume that's because it's is much easier to care for than leather and doesn't use structural stitching (so won't break when they're having a silly moment), because PVC has a higher density than leather and is therefore heavier for the same amount of material (and obviously the lighter the better with gear!).
     
    11-26-2012, 01:56 AM
  #16
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianHorseWhisperer    
I have a Sorrel Paint gelding that has 4 white stockings and almost a completely white face. My color is red but with his coat being such a deep red, it probably won't be the best idea. I really want a color on him that would pop out and someone suggested trying white tack. I have NO IDEA where in the world to find white tack I've looked from Green River Horse Tack to State Line Tack and can't find any. Does anyone know of where I can go or have any suggestions as far as a good color for him? I'm not a big fan of blue and neon green is great but it's so common.
I've PMd you links of whats used on the track. Its biothane just as people have said. But I included links to a horse tack website that carries it as well as several EBay links.
     
    11-26-2012, 08:36 AM
  #17
Started
Now that I think back to it... my great uncle had white bridles for his draft horses to wear in the in hand classes. Possibly when hitched as well, though I can't remember. I do know that he had them for sure for the in hand.
     
    11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
  #18
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilHorseOfDoom    
Yeah, my favourite ever racehorse Sunline ran in a white bridle throughout her career - very distinctive! Although I do think they look best on dark bays/browns or young greys, where there's some contrast. They're all synthetic so a lot easier to clean and they won't get the same wear marks that white leather does (although they do tend to look a bit shiny sometimes).

There really needs to be a (free! ) computer program where you can choose the coat colour, build and approximate markings of your horse and then test out all different colours of tack on them! Almost tempted to create one myself...only spare time is nonexistent at the moment
i agree that would really be a big help lol
     
    11-26-2012, 11:01 AM
  #19
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnP Farms    
I've PMd you links of whats used on the track. Its biothane just as people have said. But I included links to a horse tack website that carries it as well as several EBay links.
i got your message thank you :)
     
    12-02-2012, 11:15 PM
  #20
Foal
I'd think for white biothane would be the way to go. I have a yellow bridle, breast collar, halter & reins set and when it gets dirty (all the time) I just use a baby wipe to clean it and it is good as new.

Taylored Tack is where I got mine and she makes it in white as well as a ton of other colors.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making a white Horse white?? Zairia Horse Grooming 23 10-27-2011 10:35 PM
A white horse isn't truely white unless it's brown drafts4ever Horse Pictures 29 01-06-2011 07:08 AM
Making a white tail white again... help plz brookelovesparelli Horse Grooming 19 01-14-2010 09:24 PM
getting white horses super white! EquitationStar Horse Grooming 7 04-22-2009 08:06 PM
Is there any way to make her more white? She's already stunning white but how can I.. charroit Horse Grooming 33 12-30-2008 04:18 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0