Is it worth my money?
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Is it worth my money?

This is a discussion on Is it worth my money? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Is total equine worth the money

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-23-2011, 03:14 PM
  #1
Started
Post Is it worth my money?

This winter I've had 3 different blankets on Lakota...and he managed to destroy all 3. The first one was a Weatherbeeta(used)which lasted 3 months. The next one was a blanket off EBay for $60 that was 1200d...that one lasted 2 weeks. The third blanket was a Polar with a bellyband(my trainer's old one, in really good condition). It lasted about 3 days. He's out with 2 other horses but there's no trees in his pasture but still he manages to literally rip them to shreds. I was looking at this blnket and it sounds pretty good, plus it has a 2 year-warranty. If I'm going to spend this much on a blanket, I wanna make sure you guys think its worth it.

TurtleNeck - Ice Turtle
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
  #2
Yearling
If your willing to spend that kind of money on a blanket I would go with a rambo, they tend to hold up to abuse pretty well
     
    03-23-2011, 05:37 PM
  #3
Started
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyRoxy1507    
if your willing to spend that kind of money on a blanket I would go with a rambo, they tend to hold up to abuse pretty well
Does Rambo gaurentee their blankets? That's my big concern.
     
    03-23-2011, 05:45 PM
  #4
Showing
Turtlenecks are a great blanket - good quality for the price. The one blanket comes with a rip-proof guarantee.... If you think of how much you spend in repairs and new blankets, and then the price of a Turtleneck with its two year guarantee.... You'll probably find the turtleneck is more economical.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-23-2011, 05:48 PM
  #5
Foal
Have you ever watched the other horses in the pasture with him? Do they help with the blanket abuse? If so you may think of spraying some kind of equine safe "no chew" solution on the blanket. May take fencing into consideration too. You may want to look into a blanket that has a 1600+ d material. Hard to find but are worth it for blanket abusers!

Edit- forgot to look at the link! Lol I do like the blanket you have picked out. You can't beat the denier count and warranty!
     
    03-23-2011, 06:19 PM
  #6
Started
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDressageIt    
Turtlenecks are a great blanket - good quality for the price. The one blanket comes with a rip-proof guarantee.... If you think of how much you spend in repairs and new blankets, and then the price of a Turtleneck with its two year guarantee.... You'll probably find the turtleneck is more economical.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's what I was thinking, I figured if he was able to tear the Turtleneck, I could get another one under the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrittyCowgirl    
Have you ever watched the other horses in the pasture with him? Do they help with the blanket abuse? If so you may think of spraying some kind of equine safe "no chew" solution on the blanket. May take fencing into consideration too. You may want to look into a blanket that has a 1600+ d material. Hard to find but are worth it for blanket abusers!

Edit- forgot to look at the link! Lol I do like the blanket you have picked out. You can't beat the denier count and warranty!
I've never seen the other horses chewing on it and I don't think he rubs against the fence becasue its electric. I think he just plays too rough cause he's just like a little kid.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parelli - worth the money?? JulieinPA Natural Horsemanship 19 01-17-2011 12:52 AM
western saddle on CL is it worth the money? OleHomestead Horse Tack and Equipment 9 10-24-2010 09:34 AM
It's my money, and I want to use it for something else. wishingforahorse General Off Topic Discussion 81 09-14-2010 12:17 PM
This pony is worth all the money in the world to me! Indyhorse Horse Videos 20 07-26-2010 01:59 PM
For those of you that have ever wander if a riding instructor was worth the money.... sandy2u1 Horse Talk 9 03-21-2010 01:49 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0