WTH is this "thing"?

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

WTH is this "thing"?

This is a discussion on WTH is this "thing"? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Shaped vs straight breast collar

LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-17-2011, 03:14 AM
WTH is this "thing"?

So, we bought a saddle last week and it came with all sorts of stuff. Most of which I knew, but this thing...

I thought it was a breastcollar but it's straight, not v-shaped. Or maybe it's part of one?? EVERYTHING on the saddle was original, so this piece seems out of place.

Sponsored Links
    03-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Surprisingly enough, it is a breast collar. This one is almost identical. I don't particularly like that style but I guess other people do.
    03-17-2011, 03:29 AM
I'd rather have the v-shaped variety... Guess I'll put it up for sale!
    03-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Yep, its a breastcollar. I've seen them used for english and on gaited horses. I personally like them better. They look nicer and the third strap doesnt do anything anyways.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can someone explain this "fish in water trough" thing? riccil0ve Horse Health 62 02-01-2011 10:43 AM
"wheres the brakes on this thing?!" Gus Horse Riding 34 12-07-2010 08:51 AM
That whole "Image Thing". RawhideKid Horse Riding 17 05-26-2010 06:07 PM
I thought "peanut rollers" were a thing of the past smrobs Western Riding 122 03-16-2009 10:06 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0