Which AP English saddle is best? - Page 3

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack Reviews

Which AP English saddle is best?

This is a discussion on Which AP English saddle is best? within the Horse Tack Reviews forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • What does HDR stand for? (horse)
  • How to measure femur for english seat size

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Green Broke
The rule of thumb is to add two inches to your western seat size to get your English seat size, but it varies. There are sites online that show you how to measure your femur to get the correct English seat size.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
    02-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok ..my boss says I should be in a 15'' but I love my ratty saddle I trail ride, train, give lessons and test all my clients maybes in that old roper haha

There's no feeling in the world like your favorite saddle!
    02-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Probably a 17" inch then(: Here's a decent saddle for $300

17" English Saddle

It's an HDR. I know a couple people who ride in HDR's and LOVE them, but I haven't actually ridden in one before(: But they're squishy
farley likes this.
    02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Thats beautiful thanks! And don't laugh but what does HDR stand for?
    02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Henri Di Rivel – just another brand(:
    02-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Okay, and just a word of warning: you cannot ride in an english saddle in cowboy boots and jeans – GOD the chafes burn!!!!!!!!! Been there done that – take my advice and don't do it! You should get breeches, paddock boots, and half chaps.
    02-01-2012, 09:17 PM
O ok =) ... so what do I when it comes to a cinch?? Is it some specific process?
    02-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Yea I figured I would need a new wardrobe
    02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
When you put on a girth, (call it a cinch and people may laugh or be confused done that) you do it up on the right side first, then the left. For Mudpie (who bloats) I put it on the last hole and then after I get it on the other side, I go back and start adjusting it up, switching sides.

There are many different types of girths... you need an all purpose girth for a jumping saddle. Shaped leather girths like this one, are my personal favorite. Fleece girths, like this one, are also good, but if you live where there are "stickers" (burrs) and take them on a trail ride then you will have HECK getting them out! Your english girth should have elastic on one or both sides, and the buckles should have rollers. :)
    02-01-2012, 09:33 PM
You can find really cheap breeches on HorseLoverz.com – they go really fast, and they're always getting new types in. There are better prices for most things on HorseLoverz, but the breeches are usually an unbeatable deal!! As for half chaps, you can shop around. :) TuffRiders are decent and affordable! My first pair of half chaps were washable, because they're super easy to take care of – I still use them. :]

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
16.5" Crosby CC English Saddle + More English Tack/Apparel- OFFERS ACCEPTED MUST GO! tana Tack and Equipment Classifieds 13 10-03-2011 03:11 PM
wanted: bell boots, english saddle and other english tack hburke Tack and Equipment Classifieds 16 01-26-2011 08:07 AM
FS: Nintendo DS, English apparel / Wanted: English CC Saddle ponyrawr Tack and Equipment Classifieds 2 10-17-2010 07:35 PM
me riding English!! In an actual english saddle!! alucard Horse Pictures 4 07-20-2009 12:11 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0