Billy Cook Saddle Opinion
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack Reviews

Billy Cook Saddle Opinion

This is a discussion on Billy Cook Saddle Opinion within the Horse Tack Reviews forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Billy cook saddles opinion
  • Which billy cook saddles are best

Like Tree12Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-13-2012, 02:45 AM
  #1
Foal
Billy Cook Saddle Opinion

Hey! So I have the opportunity to purchase this Billy Cook saddle. I was wondering what you guys think its worth. Its pretty beat up (as you can see by the pictures) but it seems like it would do the job. I know nothing about saddles and need opinions! :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saddle 1.jpg (35.6 KB, 535 views)
File Type: jpg Image.jpg (43.4 KB, 528 views)
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (39.3 KB, 511 views)
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (38.1 KB, 522 views)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
  #2
mls
Trained
I think the 'beat up' is just cosmetic.

Billy Cooks are good saddles.
WickedNag and peppersgirl like this.
     
    11-13-2012, 10:28 AM
  #3
Foal
Looks like it's one from Sulphur, OK which is what you want, and it looks like a cutting or penning saddle to me, what do you plan on using it for, and what is the seat size, and price tag? I would buy if the price is right, don't worry about the looks, because the saddle quality, fit, and comfort will make up for it with a quality Billy Cook
     
    11-13-2012, 10:34 AM
  #4
Foal
Where is this saddle located to, I'm in the market as well, and if it is a 17", I would be interested
     
    11-13-2012, 10:38 AM
  #5
Green Broke
My friend has a billy cook barrel saddle its comfortable I personally prefer a little deeper seat on my saddles but it was definitely a comfortable nice saddle.
If it fits you and your horse and you like it I say go for it. Looks decent even being " beat up".
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-13-2012, 11:08 AM
  #6
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmm45bm    
looks like it's one from Sulphur, OK which is what you want, and it looks like a cutting or penning saddle to me, what do you plan on using it for, and what is the seat size, and price tag? I would buy if the price is right, don't worry about the looks, because the saddle quality, fit, and comfort will make up for it with a quality Billy Cook
I plan in using it for team penning. It's a 16 in seat. They want $600 firm
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-13-2012, 11:09 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmm45bm    
where is this saddle located to, I'm in the market as well, and if it is a 17", I would be interested
It's in Norco, CA but its a 16" :/
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
  #8
Foal
I just don't know if $600 is a good deal or not...
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
  #9
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimisaur    
I just don't know if $600 is a good deal or not...
Posted via Mobile Device
Offer them $400 and see what they say. I know things are more expensive in CA but $600 seems a little high. You can oil the FIRE out of that saddle and it will clean up pretty good. I would replace all the billet leathers though, the one I can see looks pretty bad. Let them know that's going to cost you in repairs too.....Or see if they will do the repairs in the purchase price.
     
    11-13-2012, 11:18 AM
  #10
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians    
Offer them $400 and see what they say. I know things are more expensive in CA but $600 seems a little high. You can oil the FIRE out of that saddle and it will clean up pretty good. I would replace all the billet leathers though, the one I can see looks pretty bad. Let them know that's going to cost you in repairs too.....Or see if they will do the repairs in the purchase price.
They originally wanted $700 and I offered $500 and then they said $650 and I got them down to $600 eventually but they won't budge any lower than that :/
Posted via Mobile Device
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB-17 Circle Y or Billy Cook saddle myQHpaul Tack and Equipment Classifieds 4 03-10-2012 08:18 AM
Age of Billy Cook Saddle Islander Horse Tack and Equipment 9 08-09-2011 12:21 PM
FS - Billy Cook Longhorn Saddle Jinba ittai CAN Tack 2 03-24-2011 01:09 PM
Billy Cook Arabian Saddle Bennysmom Tack and Equipment Classifieds 2 08-30-2010 05:01 PM
Billy cook saddle Keelys Horse Tack and Equipment 13 06-15-2008 10:33 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0