Comfort plus bareback pad reviews
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack Reviews

Comfort plus bareback pad reviews

This is a discussion on Comfort plus bareback pad reviews within the Horse Tack Reviews forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Bareback riding pads review
  • Bareback pad comfort plus reviews

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-13-2013, 12:52 AM
  #1
Foal
Comfort plus bareback pad reviews

So I just ordered this bareback pad: Comfort Plus Bareback Horse Riding Pad | Horse Tack Company bareback padsEquestrian International

It's the comfort plus bareback pad. Does anyone own this pad? Does anyone have experience with it? I am curious to see if it is worth the money I paid for it. It seems like a good buy, but it hasnt arrived yet. I just want to make sure I didn't get a bad purchase. Thanks guys!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-13-2013, 04:19 PM
  #2
Started
I have the pad, I haven't got to use it much just yet though! Let me tell you the one in the pictures looks purple, it is navy blue. Just incase you thought you were getting a purple one. I will be using it when it warms up a bit, I have sat on it and let me tell you it is comfy! Over all it seems like a nice quality pad, wen you actually get your hands on it. There is a girl here (COWCHICK77) that im sure would be willing to answer any questions. She helped me when I wanted to buy one because she had it and had actually used hers
     
    03-13-2013, 05:12 PM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey02    
I have the pad, I haven't got to use it much just yet though! Let me tell you the one in the pictures looks purple, it is navy blue. Just incase you thought you were getting a purple one. I will be using it when it warms up a bit, I have sat on it and let me tell you it is comfy! Over all it seems like a nice quality pad, wen you actually get your hands on it. There is a girl here (COWCHICK77) that im sure would be willing to answer any questions. She helped me when I wanted to buy one because she had it and had actually used hers
Thank you! And I ordered the black one :) I have been looking for a comfortable pad for a while, it arrives on Monday! I'm excited thanks for the information!
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-13-2013, 07:46 PM
  #4
Started
No problem! I hope you enjoy it, I can't wait to use mine as well, to icy here now
:(
     
    03-13-2013, 10:05 PM
  #5
Showing
The pic makes the pad appear to contour to the horse's back. Please let us know if it does or not.
     
    03-13-2013, 10:15 PM
  #6
Foal
I used to have this pad! It's a great bareback pad- much better than the original Best Friend bareback pad. It's very comfortable and the plush on top is more grippy than you'd expect. It fit nicely on my extremely swaybacked mare, which was one of the issues that the original pad had. My only complaints about it were that the girth can be a little pinchy if you aren't careful, especially in winter. I accidentally pulled my girl's hair a couple times. Also, the plush seat can hold in a lot of heat during long rides. I definitely got sweaty after long trail rides in this pad.

I upgraded to the Comfort plus pad with thinline because I wanted more padding for my old mare's back. However, this pad was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone! I hope you enjoy it!
     
    03-14-2013, 02:19 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey02    
No problem! I hope you enjoy it, I can't wait to use mine as well, to icy here now
:(
Thank you! And aw. I hope the ice goes away soon for you! I'd love to know how you like it! Good luck :)
     
    03-14-2013, 02:21 AM
  #8
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliliz    
I used to have this pad! It's a great bareback pad- much better than the original Best Friend bareback pad. It's very comfortable and the plush on top is more grippy than you'd expect. It fit nicely on my extremely swaybacked mare, which was one of the issues that the original pad had. My only complaints about it were that the girth can be a little pinchy if you aren't careful, especially in winter. I accidentally pulled my girl's hair a couple times. Also, the plush seat can hold in a lot of heat during long rides. I definitely got sweaty after long trail rides in this pad.

I upgraded to the Comfort plus pad with thinline because I wanted more padding for my old mare's back. However, this pad was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone! I hope you enjoy it!
Thank you so much for the detailed information! I was looking into something more comfortable for my horse mostly, but also for myself. And thank you for the warning! I will definitely be careful with the girth. And I don't plan on riding in it for trails or long periods of time. Mainly for rides around the property or light riding in the arena. Again, thanks for all the info! Very, very helpful
     
    03-14-2013, 02:23 AM
  #9
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebag    
The pic makes the pad appear to contour to the horse's back. Please let us know if it does or not.
I will indeed! I will probably use it on March 19 since I am moving my mare on March 17 and I would like to give her a couple days to settle in before I take her out and ride in anything new. So I will post my thoughts on it the day I use it!
     
    03-14-2013, 10:07 PM
  #10
Started
^ thank you, I do too!
     

Tags
bareback, comfort, horse, pad

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is your comfort food? BubblesBlue General Off Topic Discussion 40 05-20-2012 10:39 PM
Advice for bareback comfort?? snookums Horse Riding 28 04-01-2012 06:21 PM
Bareback Pad Comfort Plus W/Thinline? animalartcreations Horse Tack Reviews 8 12-02-2011 12:17 AM
What's YOUR comfort food? Hidalgo13 General Off Topic Discussion 63 05-20-2011 11:18 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0