what do you think of this saddle?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack Reviews

what do you think of this saddle?

This is a discussion on what do you think of this saddle? within the Horse Tack Reviews forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • K&b saddle reviews
  • Montana saddlery reviews

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-17-2012, 01:40 PM
  #1
Foal
what do you think of this saddle?

showsaddle.jpg

saddle.jpg

prettysaddle.jpg

DSC05274.jpg

This is a Montana saddlery show saddle it looks nice but I want some opinions on it! I've seen these online for around 1200 and I just bought one on eBay for a bit less than that. Thanks ahead of time for your opinions :)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-17-2012, 06:49 PM
  #2
Foal
I would think the metal studs on the stirrup fenders would rub your legs raw. It's a little to busy for me, altho I do like the blk/silver comb.
     
    06-17-2012, 08:51 PM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhrs    
I would think the metal studs on the stirrup fenders would rub your legs raw. It's a little to busy for me, altho I do like the blk/silver comb.

I never thought about that I hope they don't! But I'm only using this for showing 4H and other lowish level events in western pleasure. And I think the main reason that I bought it was the black and sliver together I haven't really seen much like this at all.
     
    06-17-2012, 10:06 PM
  #4
Showing
Wow it sure is sparkly! What kind of pad are you pairing it with?
     
    06-17-2012, 10:57 PM
  #5
Weanling
Wow, they allow saddles like that in 4-H these days?

I just realized how old I am. Back in my day in 4-H they judged the horse, not the tack, too many kids couldn't afford stuff like that. Saddles like that were only for breed shows.

It's pretty.
     
    06-19-2012, 10:57 AM
  #6
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
Wow it sure is sparkly! What kind of pad are you pairing it with?
I was thinking probably a black pad I have a show pad that's black with leather ill put a picture its just like the black one 899wt.jpg but I think that I will probably just go with a plain black because the saddle is flashy enough.
     
    06-19-2012, 11:11 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaydesMom    
Wow, they allow saddles like that in 4-H these days?

I just realized how old I am. Back in my day in 4-H they judged the horse, not the tack, too many kids couldn't afford stuff like that. Saddles like that were only for breed shows.

It's pretty.
I wish 4H was still like that but a lot has changed at least in my area! I train my own horse and until this year I have never used a nice saddle but in my area the trainers are on the horses for the rider they warm them up and lunge them and ride them then all the rider has to do is sit on the horse look pretty and ask for walk jog lope or walk trot canter. But it just makes me feel that much better when I can do just as good as all the kids who just rely on their trainer:) And we actually have a lot of horses that show breed shows and 4H so that could be why we use flashy tack and show clothes!
     
    06-19-2012, 12:15 PM
  #8
Weanling
I think it's a nice looking saddle. Depending on your leg protection (what you're wearing) I guess I'd be worried about rubbing, but I'd be worried about the flap rubbing too, because it's western...I don't think the pattern will rub anymore than that flap above it??? The flap sticks out more than the pattern does.
     
    06-19-2012, 12:20 PM
  #9
Ink
Weanling
I doubt the studs will rub you, especially if you're wearing chaps. I like the contrast of the black and light oil leather. It's certainly flashy, but I'm not too familiar with the brand. Have you considered looking at a nice quality used saddle? You can find some good deals on TackTrader.com
     
    06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
  #10
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink    
I doubt the studs will rub you, especially if you're wearing chaps. I like the contrast of the black and light oil leather. It's certainly flashy, but I'm not too familiar with the brand. Have you considered looking at a nice quality used saddle? You can find some good deals on TackTrader.com
I have but I haven't been able to find anything I wanted once I get it in the mail I will see how the quality is and I have a money back guarantee so if it isn't good quality I will be returning it! And yes I will be wearing chaps.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
19" black synthetic Aussie saddle used twice NICE SADDLE! WildAcreFarms Tack and Equipment Classifieds 19 04-09-2012 03:05 PM
Tack For Sale.... New Cooler, Bits, Bridle, Saddle Pad, Saddle, Etc. Riverwalk Tack and Equipment Classifieds 15 04-25-2011 09:27 PM
Pessoa,Paddock boots,breaking saddle,endurance saddle etc for sale/trade!! ImLonelyInCrowds Tack and Equipment Classifieds 6 01-25-2011 06:55 PM
would it be a good idea?..saddle size and abetta saddle review Gidget Horse Tack and Equipment 13 06-22-2010 04:02 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0