I have been waiting to hear from the trainer I chose for Ben, and have just had a call that they have a vacancy and could take him in the next day or two, great BUT...
I'm not sure if I want to send him anymore, just in case anyone doesn't know, I bought Big Ben here, 9 years old, and only very green broke, through no problem of his own, very sweet, but knows nothing.
His pros, he has a sweet nature, and quite a nice action, he will be very eye catching in the dressage ring. He certainly can carry my weight with no issue, but I don't know how far he will be able to go.
I then bought Emmy here, 8 years old, pretty solid, she is a keeper, a meeting of hearts. I will try her with dressage, but I don't care if she does it or not.
She is well broke, but it's obvious that she has never been out of an arena, or ridden on a rough surface, she needs to get out and see things. If I sent her to the trainer I think she will do well.
My dressage hopes could lay with this girl, Willow, she was kind of thrust on me, and so far I'm really really liking her, such a sweetie
She is not the type I would normally choose, but she will take me a long way in dressage, she has a great mind and great movement.
My trainer is strongly suggesting that I keep Willow, invest all of my time in her, and let Ben go, as I have to get so much put into him before he will be where I want.
She also is pointing out that while I am comfortable with Ben because of my size, there is no reason why I can't slim down and fit Willow a lot better, she pointed out that she had nearly done that at the start of the season, but buying a bigger horse is accepting that you are goin to stay big...
So throw out some ideas, who should stay who go, who should I invest my training dollars in?