The 30-something's Thread!! *finally* - Page 33 - The Horse Forum

 3477Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,958
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachiedragon View Post
After that I came home and rode Dragon, and tried out my rope hackamore on him. I figured if he was blowing through the french link oval mouth I had him in, that we needed to go back a step and work on some basics. He did pretty well, considering he hasn't been ridden hardly at all the last few months, because of the weather. My lesson kid was sick and canceled, so after Dragon, the hubby and I pulled out Buck and Phantom and tried out an Aussie and an Endurance saddle that I brought home from a friend. He LOVES the endurance, so looks like I will be buying it and adding to the tack collection. She flat out gave us the Aussie, I just need to buy a girth for it. Oh lordie, I just added it up, that's 13 saddles I have now. I think I may have a slight tack problem, lol.
13?? I thought I was bad having two for kiddie - her "regular ride in" saddle and her show saddle. I somehow have managed to collect about 10 pony bridles (for 1 pony?!?!). I think we may start a sect of "Tack Hoarders Anonymous"

Stop for a minute, open your mind, learn. You may not agree with what I say, I may not agree with what you say but we will both learn something new.
Maple is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #322 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,869
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahver View Post
Last time I posted on a thread like this, it was the twenty somethings thread. Now I'm rocketing towards 31 like there's no tomorrow!!

How are we all ladies and gents? It's been a while!
Glad to see ya back..and joining us old folks

Apachie, sounds like a great thing you are doing for them. Hopefully they pay attention, at least to the important stuff.

I also have to say you made my day. I don't feel quite as bad about the insane amount of saddles around here. I'm sitting here trying to count, is it bad that I'm not exactly sure? There's 8 racks in the tack room and most are doubled up, then there's a couple in the house, a few more at my mom's house...but on the grand scheme of things it is close to a saddle for every horse here, not quite as many horses...maybe I need more horses?

Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, Take another shot.
MHFoundation Quarters is offline  
post #323 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 4,761
• Horses: 6
I like that logic! I am down to 5 horses, so I have almost 3 saddles per horse? Eek. Definitely need more horses, lmao.

"Keep a leg on each side and your mind in the middle"
apachiedragon is offline  
post #324 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 902
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum View Post
Demonwolf, he doesn't want it brought to AZ because AZ is a "mother's state." Unless he can prove to a judge beyond a shadow of a doubt that your daughter being with you would be dangerous for your daughter's physical and emotional safety, he'll lose. Even then, it's difficult for a father to get full custody rights without the mother's express consent.

If I may ask, what county (or city) is she in?
Posted via Mobile Device
You're exactly right, drafty! And even though we had a NUMBER OF SMALL victories in family court, the ultimate reason we ended up with full-custody of Jakob is because HE was permitted to choose where HE wanted to live "FULL TIME" (that was our final victory, because he was desperate to live with his dad/"us", BUT, unless the court had permitted, he would still be at 50/50!); hence Ethan and that situation.

The sad bottom line? Kids IMO, NEED a mom AND a dad. The problem is that these days, kids are lucky if they have ONE PARENT who is willing and able to work their hardest to meet that child's needs, let alone two who are truly "fit" to do so. Ugh.

"I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener"
Back2Horseback is offline  
post #325 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 704
• Horses: 2
I decided to come join this thread. My name is Donna, and I'm 36 years old. I am married to a wonderful man. He has been in the army (infantry) for 15 years, and we are planning on him retiring when he has done 20. We have 3 kids. Seven and five year old girls, and a 6 month old son. I also have two dogd, two cats, 3 budgies, chickens, and 3 horses.

I was one of those girls who was bitten by the horse bug as a little girl, but we could not afford one. I didn't get on a horse until I was 8 years old. I was lucky if I could ride a horse about every 5 years. I got lucky with my husband, he loves horses as much as I do. So, talking him into getting one was no issue. I think he talked me into the rest of them. In roughly 5 years we will be moving to MO, where my father has 40 acres of land. My husband plans on working the farm with the horses. Should be interesting to see what he has in mind.

Donna

Truth is meaningless in the absence of understanding.
armydogs is offline  
post #326 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 70
• Horses: 2
Good morning fellow horsie people!
What a morning lol, woke up to rain AGAIN! I am so sick of it and I want everything to dry up. If I never see mud again I would die happy!
So...my question of the day: How can you love and want to kill your child so much at the same time?? It was a morning of crabbiness and taking it out on mom, don't you love those days? I think I got my first grey hair. It also sucks that I have to live with two smelly boys, sometimes I think I need a girl to back me up but I'm not sure I could handle someone else just like me. Well now that everyone is gone and the house is so wonderfully quiet I can clean in peace!
Have a great day peeps!
Faye83 is offline  
post #327 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Desert from Hell, CA.
Posts: 1,377
• Horses: 5
my body hurts everywhere. That is all.


Except: tack auction tomorrow. Going to be awesome!!!!!!
Back2Horseback and Faye83 like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth, the Goblin King
I move the stars for no one.
RIP Pumpkin: 2012-8/26/13
demonwolfmoon is offline  
post #328 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 70
• Horses: 2
ohhhh I want to come with you demon!!!
demonwolfmoon likes this.
Faye83 is offline  
post #329 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Desert from Hell, CA.
Posts: 1,377
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye83 View Post
ohhhh I want to come with you demon!!!
lol how far are ya from Erie? The more the merrier!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth, the Goblin King
I move the stars for no one.
RIP Pumpkin: 2012-8/26/13
demonwolfmoon is offline  
post #330 of 4296 Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 70
• Horses: 2
I think if I left right now, maybe be there on Sun? Tell the auction people to wait for me ok?
AlexS and demonwolfmoon like this.
Faye83 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Person who finally found the intro thread! OffTheTrack Meet the Community 7 09-24-2010 05:07 PM
FINALLY! The video to the "bummed out" thread centrestableswendy Horse Videos 17 03-22-2009 10:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome