I used to hot walk for him when he was first at the track as a two year old...he's 5 and doesn't have the spirit for racing. I know and trust the trainer and know he is sound and hasn't had any major health issues.
Some questions I have are:
1. Should he be weaned off track-food or can he make a quicker switch?
2. Any tips on introducing him to a herd of about 8 other horses?
3. Should he be allowed to go right out with other horses or kept in a stall and taken out more and more frequently until he is used to being outside all the time?
4. Would it be easier to start riding it english or just go straight to western which is what I plan to do eventually?
5. How high are his chance for colicking because of the move?
Thanks for the advice everyone!!