Anyone ever been to rocking horse ranch in NY?
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Anyone ever been to rocking horse ranch in NY?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever been to rocking horse ranch in NY? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Anyone been to rocking horse ranch
  • WHAT DOES IT COST PER PERSON AT ROCKING HORSE RESORT THE ALL INCLUSIVE?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-17-2012, 08:56 PM
  #1
Started
Anyone ever been to rocking horse ranch in NY?

Rocking Horse Ranch Resort | All-Inclusive Family Resort in the Hudson Valley, New York

Every year for the past 3 years my mom has taken us on vacation(us being my SO and my son along with my brother) We normally go down to Ocean city NJ but this year we are very much considering rocking horse ranch, My son will be almost 6 when we go and I think he will absolutely love it. I love the idea of unlimited riding(although currently I only ride 2-3 times a week). My mom went there when she was little and had a blast but obviously it has changed a lot in that time(44 year ago I think it was).
Anyway, I just wanted feedback from anyone that has been there. I much prefer english, but it looks like they only have western, anyone know if that's correct?
Very excited, probably going in june or july
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-18-2012, 04:54 PM
  #2
Started
     
    02-25-2013, 02:06 PM
  #3
Started
Hey! I went there! It's so awesome!
There's different trail levels, and the longest one is like 2 hours long.
You trot and canter on them, and the horses have so much personality. Not just all boring and plod along.

They mount you by your experience. It's so cool!

The food is great, so are the other attractions.
I would totally recommend going!!
     
    02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
  #4
Foal
Used to live within two miles of them (before I began riding.) It is indeed a western riding stable.

They are not cheap. :)
     
    02-26-2013, 12:59 PM
  #5
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexiie    
hey! I went there! It's so awesome!
There's different trail levels, and the longest one is like 2 hours long.
You trot and canter on them, and the horses have so much personality. Not just all boring and plod along.

They mount you by your experience. It's so cool!

The food is great, so are the other attractions.
I would totally recommend going!!
Wow I didn't know you went there Lexie, how long ago did you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onuilmar    
Used to live within two miles of them (before I began riding.) It is indeed a western riding stable.

They are not cheap. :)
My mom just looked up prices and it's a lot more then she thought so we aren't going this year For a week it would end up being nearly 2,000 per adult and $500 for my son. Didn't realized they charge by person and not by room. Me and my SO are going to have to save some money so we can pay at least part of the cost for us, since for the 3 of us alone it would be almost $4500!
     
    02-26-2013, 03:27 PM
  #6
Foal
I've heard rumors about safety issues at Rocking Horse Ranch. I go to Ridin Hy Ranch, which isn't too far away. Safety is at the top of their list, they take wonderful care of their horses and the whole place has a wonderful, relaxing feel. It's also pretty affordable.

Here's their site:

Adirondack Ranch Resort: All Inclusive Family Vacations Year Round In Lake George, NY
     
    02-26-2013, 03:39 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel1786    
My mom just looked up prices and it's a lot more then she thought so we aren't going this year For a week it would end up being nearly 2,000 per adult and $500 for my son. Didn't realized they charge by person and not by room. Me and my SO are going to have to save some money so we can pay at least part of the cost for us, since for the 3 of us alone it would be almost $4500!

Indeed. Lot's of really rich people in that area. I bet there might be some resort further west that might be cheaper. Just thinking.
     
    02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
  #8
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliliz    
I've heard rumors about safety issues at Rocking Horse Ranch. I go to Ridin Hy Ranch, which isn't too far away. Safety is at the top of their list, they take wonderful care of their horses and the whole place has a wonderful, relaxing feel. It's also pretty affordable.

Here's their site:

Adirondack Ranch Resort: All Inclusive Family Vacations Year Round In Lake George, NY

Depends on one's idea of "close." :) This is several hours further north. Rocking Horse is just outside New Paltz and just west of Poughkeepsie (within five miles).

The ARR is north of Albany, which is at least two hours from Poughkeepsie. But if one is coming from California, it's just a hop, skip and a jump. If one is coming from north Jersey, it doubles or triples the trip time.

Just saying.
     
    02-26-2013, 04:41 PM
  #9
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by onuilmar    
Depends on one's idea of "close." :) This is several hours further north. Rocking Horse is just outside New Paltz and just west of Poughkeepsie (within five miles).

The ARR is north of Albany, which is at least two hours from Poughkeepsie. But if one is coming from California, it's just a hop, skip and a jump. If one is coming from north Jersey, it doubles or triples the trip time.

Just saying.

Good point! Close as in within the same state/general vicinity that the OP was looking at.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rocking R Reining Saddle franknbeans Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 09-30-2012 08:57 PM
Rocking R Saddle Help Annanoel Horse Tack and Equipment 5 06-23-2012 08:27 AM
Rocking R Saddles??? RisingGlory Horse Tack and Equipment 10 03-08-2012 07:51 AM
Hand-painted rocking horse for sale-$8.00 USD wildmustango Tack and Equipment Classifieds 4 08-13-2011 12:29 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0