I ended up moving much sooner than expected. Tyler was gone for a week when he decided to have me move up then. Not wanting to make a big mistake (on top of simply not having the money), I told Roger to sell April to the man who'd been wanting to buy a horse from him. I ended up knowing the people who bought both April and her little brother (who is absolutely adorable). Probably a good thing, because between me going through a lot in Missouri and the people who did buy her, she'd be much better off with the more experienced owner. I'm happy for her.
Now, for better news - I'm still getting a horse. It's honestly up in the air right now, but I did put up the younger of the two that's being considered since there's a huge chance it'll be here. I am in fact moving back to my old home in Oklahoma, but we have to wait until around late August due to Tyler's parole.
Fancy is like a brick house, well built with a large chest and very firm but natural muscle. Her daughter, Fancy Pants, looks almost exactly like her and is built the same way. I'm leaning more towards the four-year-old daughter since she's more responsive and, well, younger. Fancy has a lot of experience under her belt and is a really beautiful/wonderful horse. However, there is a small list of cons if I do buy her:
- Her current owner may throw a bigger fit if I moved Fancy Sr. To a new location rather than Fancy Jr. This is more of a prediction.
- Fancy Sr. Is obviously older. Say they both lived to be 25 - I would be able to have Fancy Jr. For more years.
- Fancy Sr. Is in fact more experienced, but not nearly as soft mouth or responsive to leg pressure as her youthful daughter.
- Fancy Sr. Is a hellishly rough ride.
Anyone as excited as me?