I have come away with all sorts of thoughts in my mind.
1) Just how easy would it be to buy a 'push button' mare like that, who so generously did everything I asked her, once she figured out what I wanted, only to have her turn sour. I could quite see how people could think she would stay like it, without realizing that you need lessons if you don't know what you are doing.
2) How easy would it be to buy her (given deep pockets) she is show ready for this year, and yes I could see how she could win, which would be nice, but how much satisfaction does a person get buying a made horse and showing it?
3) For the money that they are asking for her, I could send one of my current mares off for training, but none of them are reining bred, but can any suitable built horse run the pattern?
4) **** I loved riding that mare and the confidence she gave me, I wish I could get that way on my own horses, who are either green or need re starting.
5) People when you are looking to go horse shopping, get what you need NOW, not what you need in the future.
6) If you once, many many years ago rode an ex reiner in lessons, and one time got to do roll backs on her, and you have been telling people ever since that it was the best thrill you have ever had riding. If you jump on a strange mare and just ride, and still feel great days later, maybe you were born to rein!
Sorry about the thoughts and the rambling, I have a feeling that Sunday MAY have been a life changing moment, I need to work out how to progress from here.