Well I placed an ad in a few newspapers and on craigslist looking for a house to rent until we can purchase. We've decided to save up a hefty down payment and have been working on that.
I've had two responses. We are going to look at both of them on Saturday.
A bit further for my husband, Joe, to drive to work. Only 15 minutes further but the house is closer to my family and his friends. It's also closer to two other major cities so that if anything were to happen to his job he would have more places to look.
It's a 3bdrm 2 story farmhouse with 5 acres and a barn. Previous owner had horses, so I'm assuming it's set up for them. It cost the same we pay here. The city it is in has a bad side and a good side. We don't know which the house is in. So here is to hoping it's on the better side and it's not a complete dump. Joe used to build houses so if it needs a little work that's fine.
Closer to Joe's work but not close to the other cities. Closer to my family and his friends than where we are now. The in-laws like this one because it's close to Joe's cousins, who he rarely sees. It's also a 3 bdrm 2 story farmhouse. It has 15 acres BUT the person who owns it and is fixing it up wants to put cows on it. He MIGHT be willing to work out letting us keep our horses there if we help out with the cows. My step-dad knows the guy and says he doesn't know squat about cattle. Anywho, this house won't be ready for a few months. He wants $100 more than what we pay here.
Anyway it goes we ARE moving this summer so my horses are only going to be at the hell hole til June (when the kids get out of school). To tell you the truth I can't WAIT! I'm so ready to move my horses and move closer to my family.