Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!
My barn gave me a 5month notice of them shutting the place down. Its too much work for them, and the BO's husband feels like he has way too much on his plate, and no life.
So my options are, board at a place 3mi away at the same price, or keep my horse in my backyard. The thing about the barn that is 3mi away is that there is only one pasture, the lady running the place doesnt know a thing about horses, and I would be paying the same price that I am paying now for what I can get if I keep him at my house.
If I keep him at my house, he will be kept in a good size area, the fence is a 5ft chain link, but I will be able to save money up in about 4-5months for new fencing, and to expand it.
To add to this, if my hubby gets a job in WV, we will be moving. But we don't know if that when that will happen, or even if that will happen, and the more we stay down here, the more we want to stay down here rather than move back to WV.
So what would you do? I know that if he was here at home with me, I would be with him as much as possible, but I feel as if he wouldnt be as happy here with not as much room at the moment. But I have a bad feeling about that woman that lives 3mi away, has no riding ring, no trails, just a stall and a pasture, and no horse experience what so ever. Or should I wait until the notice is up in case we end up moving to WV and so I don't have to move him unnecessarily?
I just don't know what to do. Money wise, the cheapest option if we stayed here in NC would be to keep him at the house. I just don't know what to do at the moment. Any and all advice, would be greatly appreciated!!