Since I sold my last horse in Jan. I have been leasing horses as it was working out really well for me, and gave me one less thing to worry about while I am in school. I have been leasing my current horse since April, and just in the past month or so I have really started to make some big break throughs in both my riding and his training.
Well a couple of days ago I was told that my lease was being put on hold so the owner's daughter could take him to fair and I would not have access to him until the beginning of august.
I am really disappointed because I know in august that for the most part I am going to have to start over with the dressage training as the daughter is going to do mostly western events with him.
This also means that I won't be able to get to enough shows to qualify for the year end awards I signed up for as the vast majority of the shows we had planned to go to were in July.
I don't know if I really want to start over, and now I am having thoughts along the line "well whats the point if they can rip him out from under me again." I am thinking that maybe I would like to get my own horse again, or does everybody think that I should just stick it out and start over again? I made it clear when I started leasing him that I wanted to show him all summer in dressage, and the lease was kind of an open ended lease with October kind of being discussed as the end (as that's when the last dressage show is).
Kudos to you if you read the whole thing, I am just really upset and not sure where I should go from here.