Dont know what to do
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Dont know what to do

This is a discussion on Dont know what to do within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        09-23-2008, 11:18 AM
      #1
    Foal
    Dont know what to do

    So I have a gelding for sale. My morgan becuase I had to move and have to rebuild a lot of things such as run ins and all that, so I put a few of my horses up for sale. I had a lady come and and look at my gelding and she absolutely loved him. But one more person has to come out and ride... and they will not be able to come out for about a week in a half. I have a good 5 other people interested in him and schedualed to come out. Do I tell them to come out and just tell them if the lady backs down I will call them or if they want thim let them have him... I liked her and he would be for a 50 yr old lady for trail riding. He is really calm and would do great for her... should I ask for a deposit?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        09-23-2008, 11:24 AM
      #2
    Weanling
    I would continue to show the horse to perspective buyers even if a deposit was left by the lady. However, I would let the potential buyers know that there is a deposit on the horse and if the deal does not go through, then you would contact them.
    I would be choosy in who purchases the horse, but that is my preference.
         
        09-23-2008, 12:32 PM
      #3
    Foal
    I have turned people down in the past to buy my horses because I do not like them. I am picky about who my horse goes to. I wish I did not have to sell him though
         
        09-23-2008, 01:41 PM
      #4
    Started
    You need to tell the gal that she needs to decide because you are going to continue to show him. As far as thr group that is wanting to come out in a week or so if you get a good offer before then you should let him go.

    I hate selling horses and dealing with people, they think that you should hold onto the horse for a month before they decide if they want to buy or not... But try to be cautious on who you sell too... if it seems weird then it probably is.

    Good Luck
         
        09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
      #5
    Foal
    Thank you ^^ She wants me to hold him for another 11 days till another lady can come out then they will decide if she wants him and the only reason for selling him is I need the money bad... And I hate telling people hey you need to choose now... lol. But I told her that I have people coming out to see him that were schedualed to do so before she came out so I am letting them come out and see him, and to let me know what she wants to do. I really liked her though, she knew what she was doing and really fell in love with him, which is not hard to do becuase he is absolutely great!!!
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0