Dont know what to do!
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Dont know what to do!

This is a discussion on Dont know what to do! within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • What does bump mean when talking horses
  • When selling horses what dose bump mean

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-06-2009, 10:27 AM
  #1
Green Broke
Dont know what to do!

Okay, so I have been leasing a horse sense April 1st, almost 5 months. I woke up to a text message saying '(BOs NAME) wanted to tell you but she doesnt know how to, so she asked me to. She loves seeing you with candy and loves what you do with her, she thinks ur perfect for her. She wanted to know instead of just leasing her out she was wondering if you want to be her owner. As in buying her. If not she said you can still lease her.'


It is GREAT news! I literally had tears in my eyes! I havent talked to her owner yet about money stuff yet, but I really want to do this! I love this little pony! My problem.. I will be leaving for college within the next year or 2, and don't know what I would do with her then. I havent even told my mom or step dad yet, becuase I don't know how they would react to it all. They would probably tell me to get my priorities straight. ( they are completely NON-HORSE people! ) I see there point, but this is something I have wanted for 18 years! And only dreamed of! I don't know what to do!


Pleasee help! I need advise!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
  #2
Green Broke
I know I just posted this today, but... bump.
     
    08-06-2009, 06:39 PM
  #3
Yearling
Tough decision. I wish I could help you decide. Will you be able to afford the pony's board and care while you're in college? Will your parents help?
     
    08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
  #4
Started
The big question... can you afford it? If not than there's not much you can do. If it IS affordable there are always ways to make it work. I work two jobs to be able to afford my horse, AND have him on partial board, so I have to go out there every day to clean the stall and refill his water. It's a lot of work and a lot of driving but it's definitely worth it.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
     
    08-06-2009, 07:48 PM
  #5
Green Broke
Sorry this is off-topic but what does 'bump' mean?
     
    08-06-2009, 07:50 PM
  #6
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny06    
Sorry this is off-topic but what does 'bump' mean?
"bumping" a thread moves it back to the top of the page--and gives a better chance of people seeing it. It's just posting a new response to move the thread up.
     
    08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
  #7
Green Broke
I would sit down and talk with your parents and see if you can come up with a solid plan for what you will do when you go away to college in two years. Don't look at "I'll sell her" as the easy answer because, as we all know, the market may not support that even two years from now. I am a big fan of having a Plan B, and C.....and maybe even D....before I commit to things. IF you come up with a good solid plan and are able to afford having a horse of your own (remember to plan for things beyond the basics of board/feed -- routine care, emergency care, etc need to be given due consideration), why not.
Talk with the BO about your concern for the future. You may be able to work a deal with them to help you as a leasing agent or to purchase her back if/when the time comes that you are unable to take her with you.
     
    08-07-2009, 01:54 AM
  #8
Green Broke
Thanks everyone!! I know I could afford her. I do have a job. But I think I made up my mind to just keep leasing her for now. And see what happends down the road. Just because I can't buy her just because I love her. If I really loved her, then I would do whats best for her, and I think that is just leasing her for now. =)
     
    08-07-2009, 02:01 AM
  #9
Started
I think that's a great idea. That gives you time to plan, and if when you are ready to leave for college, you still want to buy her, do it, and take her with you. :]
     
    08-07-2009, 11:48 AM
  #10
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillyann    
Thanks everyone!! I know I could afford her. I do have a job. But I think I made up my mind to just keep leasing her for now. And see what happends down the road. Just because I can't buy her just because I love her. If I really loved her, then I would do whats best for her, and I think that is just leasing her for now. =)
What a refreshing attitude. I think that speaks of tremendous maturity on your part.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I dont know what to do:( RockinTheBit07 Horse Talk 8 02-05-2009 05:24 PM
Dont know what to do. Dasher41 Horse Tack and Equipment 11 01-03-2009 10:45 PM
Dont know what to do Painteddreamfarm Horse Talk 4 09-23-2008 01:51 PM
I dont know what to do.. Lucara Horse Training 9 04-21-2008 10:55 PM
I dont think i am getting him, but im trying Horse_love999 Horses for Sale 3 03-21-2007 05:21 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0