Well. I cried. In fact, I felt like a little girl and made her new owner cry too.
She loaded up no issues, walked straight on, I tied her up, said good bye and she looked back as they drove off.
She's settled in already. She stressed out a bit on the journey up there (about 1h30) but settled after a run in the school and food in her box.
It all happened really quickly, if I'm honest. Two weeks ago I had my final appointments, and I said if these didn't work, I'd take her off for a month, ride her more thoroughly and go to a comp or two and relist her.
Then she got a fever, and I had to cancel the appointments for a week, and they came last Sunday. Small, 16yo girl who has had so many problem horses. Fell in love with her and got her moving amazingly.
She then said she wanted her parents to see her, and they came Thursday as it was a bank holiday.
They tried to be really cheeky with the price, but we stood firm. It helped I had a previous vet check where she was sold for 6k, so they knew they were getting a fairly good horse for less money.
Then they booked the vet check for Friday evening.. 11pm the vet finally turned up (que my grumpy dad not getting any beer haha) and finished at midnight. They decided to use the same vet I had, as she is the best in the area, and I only used her for Duffy's vet check and antibiotics in december with the unknown abcess.
And she passed, very well.
So they phoned Saturday and said they'd pick her up at 1.30pm. I got down, gave her my last brush down so she'd look smart when she turned up... and then they signed the paperwork, gave the money, big hugs... and they'd bought my dad a crate of beer for all the troubles he'd been through the night before staying up so late... and she left :(
Sad, but the right thing to do. She is going to be well loved by Jenni, and she wants me to go visit in a couple of months too.
So for now, I have my dad's mare, and two others to help with so I am not completely horseless, and will begin looking in August time...