Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 177 - The Horse Forum
 3917Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1761 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 193
• Horses: 1
Yeah, that "filly's" (aren't they a mare when they're 5?) legs look like what a five-year-old would draw. I'm guessing the colt counts as flashy because he has "chrome"--a blaze and two socks.
sabowin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1762 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 1,258
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum View Post
She's just muscled funny up front, it looks like. Although her conformation is *almost* as unfortunate as that gelding's.
i know she just isnt that pretty to me. she is very fat though.

my best friend is my arabian. People always tell me that he's the calmest horse they've ever seen. i tell them he's an arabian. and they are surprised :)
hisangelonly is offline  
post #1763 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 1,258
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabowin View Post
Yeah, that "filly's" (aren't they a mare when they're 5?) legs look like what a five-year-old would draw. I'm guessing the colt counts as flashy because he has "chrome"--a blaze and two socks.
yep a 5 yr old is definitely considered a mare. her hocks are crazy looking. I would like to see what her job ends up being. Back yard brood mare? most likely. Yeah i guess any white markings are "chrome". He has terrible conformation. hopefully someone will geld him.

my best friend is my arabian. People always tell me that he's the calmest horse they've ever seen. i tell them he's an arabian. and they are surprised :)
hisangelonly is offline  
post #1764 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Desert from Hell, CA.
Posts: 1,377
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisangelonly View Post
Quarter Horse

please learn english before you move here! wow!
--------------------------------------------
Hm, this is just straight rude. The person *is* writing in English, and I would laugh my all american butt off if the person writing the add is ....someone who didn't "move here" at all.
xD
xeventer17 and DraftyAiresMum like this.
demonwolfmoon is offline  
post #1765 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,164
• Horses: 1
I do agree, though, that if you live here, you should know how to read/write English. At least the ad is understandable though..
amp23 is offline  
post #1766 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 02:07 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 1,258
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amp23 View Post
I do agree, though, that if you live here, you should know how to read/write English. At least the ad is understandable though..
thank you. I hate going to garage sales only to find that nobody speaks english. This horse is most likely lame. They most likely race her at someone's house, not a well known track. and come on, a "kid safe 3 year old race horse"? that is about as credible as a "kid safe stallion". I live like 20 minutes from these people. I know what they do. It is not pretty.

my best friend is my arabian. People always tell me that he's the calmest horse they've ever seen. i tell them he's an arabian. and they are surprised :)
hisangelonly is offline  
post #1767 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 1,258
• Horses: 3
expression rider is not the same as experienced rider haha. that just caught me off guard for a second. so did her $6500 price tag.

my best friend is my arabian. People always tell me that he's the calmest horse they've ever seen. i tell them he's an arabian. and they are surprised :)
hisangelonly is offline  
post #1768 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 1,258
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonwolfmoon View Post
Hm, this is just straight rude. The person *is* writing in English, and I would laugh my all american butt off if the person writing the add is ....someone who didn't "move here" at all.
xD
I was born in Northern Cali. but now i live in Texas where our two main languages are English and, recently, spanish. Here, racial jokes are not taken very seriously. my parents have respected hispanic friends who make wetback jokes. I am surrounded by Illegal immigrants who do not know our laws and treat their horses like replaceable objects. They use illegal spurs and make their horses' mouths bleed with snaffle bits. and of course the police dont do anything about it and humane society cant do anything because it is not in "city limits". It infuriates me. Do not buy a horse from these people. Most of them do not take their horses to vets and most of them dont know what a coggins test is. It is seriously bad down here. It is like the horse abuse capital of the USA.

my best friend is my arabian. People always tell me that he's the calmest horse they've ever seen. i tell them he's an arabian. and they are surprised :)
hisangelonly is offline  
post #1769 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 15,766
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisangelonly View Post
I was born in Northern Cali. but now i live in Texas where our two main languages are English and, recently, spanish. Here, racial jokes are not taken very seriously. my parents have respected hispanic friends who make wetback jokes. I am surrounded by Illegal immigrants who do not know our laws and treat their horses like replaceable objects. They use illegal spurs and make their horses' mouths bleed with snaffle bits. and of course the police dont do anything about it and humane society cant do anything because it is not in "city limits". It infuriates me. Do not buy a horse from these people. Most of them do not take their horses to vets and most of them dont know what a coggins test is. It is seriously bad down here. It is like the horse abuse capital of the USA.
The problem is that we aren't where you are and a lot of us take offense to blanket statements made in poor taste such as you have made. I lived in Tucson for six years and was married into a Hispanic family for three and a half years. My ex-in-laws may not have spoken great English, but they at least tried...much in the same way the person who wrote the ad you are referring to is trying. At least the ad is written in English, which indicates the person who wrote it at least TRIED to learn the language of the country where they now live.

Also, the things you've cited, such as no coggins tests and no veterinary care, are not a part of Hispanic culture. Most of the people who immigrate could not (and still cannot, in most cases) afford veterinary care. They grew up on farms where a horse was ridden until it was not usable anymore. If it was sick, you put it in a stall and hoped it got better, and if it didn't, well, you had another mount you could use...or you tried home remedies on it. My ex-husband was born in Hermosillo, MX, as were his parents. His dad worked on a family ranch until he married my ex's mom and they immigrated (legally) to the US. When I was married, we talked about getting horses and my father-in-law heard us talking one day. I had mentioned something about shots, farrier costs, coggins tests, vet care, and other incidentals of horse ownership that cost money. He looked at me like I was insane and said that he could trim the horse's hooves himself for free and that was all that was needed.

I'm not saying that all Hispanic people are like my in-laws, because I know they aren't (I'm not that naive). However, to make blanket statements implying that all Hispanic immigrants (illegal or legal) are horse abusers and don't know how to handle a horse properly...and won't learn English...is beyond rude and is borderline racist, regardless of how many people you know who don't take racial jokes seriously.

The point of this whole rant is to watch what you say on the internet. You are on an international forum, not sitting at home among your friends where you can freely make racial slurs and laugh at them. Have a little respect for people who are trying to better their lives by coming to this country.

Also, as an aside, I doubt anyone is considering buying a horse from these people, so your little "warning" is null and void...and I'm not quite sure what the point of it was, to be honest.

http://i42.tinypic.com/140y8lj.png
Do not tell me I can't...because I will show you that I can.

Last edited by DraftyAiresMum; 11-21-2011 at 02:43 AM.
DraftyAiresMum is offline  
post #1770 of 7202 Old 11-21-2011, 09:15 AM
dee
Started
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seminole, OK
Posts: 1,854
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisangelonly View Post
5 yr. old APHA Triple's Titan Filly

wow she has some wierd looking back legs
Wow! And I thought my Dancer was badly sickle hocked!

Plain Old Dee, horses Dancer and Rain

I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men and other mythical creatures!
dee is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 06:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 04:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 09:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 03:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome