Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 183
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads

This is a discussion on Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Horses
  • Rowdy yankee sale

Like Tree3916Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-28-2011, 02:39 PM
  #1821
Trained
That stallion is gorgeous! But their add is more than a bit...odd. O.o
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
  #1822
Trained
Okay, I wasn't quite sure what to make of this one.

5yo mare is eight-months-pregnant, they're selling her as a white QH/arab cross (I think that's what the title means), but they picture a black horse...and she's owned by a 6yo who will show you how to "raid" (ride?) her?! O.o And I'm not even remotely sure what a "toro breth" is (unless they mean some kind of bull, since "toro" is bull in Spanish).

Horse1/4 mile whit Arabian and toro breth
Its a beatifull horse
5 years old 8mounts pregnet
Its my sons horse he is 6 years old he can show you how to raid it

7 mounts old toro breth$$$500


  • Location: las vegas nv
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

     
    11-28-2011, 02:45 PM
  #1823
Showing
I think they are trying to sell 2 different horses in their ad.

The first being the QHxArab (horse 1/4 "with" arab) and the second being a TB weanling.

Either those folks are not even somewhat knowledgeable in the English language (if that's the case, they may have let the 6 year old write the ad) or they are just ignorant hicks that make the human race look bad.
Ray MacDonald likes this.
     
    11-28-2011, 02:50 PM
  #1824
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
I think they are trying to sell 2 different horses in their ad.

The first being the QHxArab (horse 1/4 "with" arab) and the second being a TB weanling.

Either those folks are not even somewhat knowledgeable in the English language (if that's the case, they may have let the 6 year old write the ad) or they are just ignorant hicks that make the human race look bad.
Yeah, I got the QH/arab (wouldn't have guessed the "with" part, though lol), but not sure how they got "toro breth" out of thoroughbred. I mean, I see it now that you pointed it out, but yeesh!

As far as the language barrier (whether it be because they don't speak English or they're hicks)...all I can say is YIKES and I'm not sure which reason would be "better." O.o
     
    11-28-2011, 04:44 PM
  #1825
Started
Yeah I didn't understand half of that posting.. Not sure exactly what they're selling :/ at least understand and be able to write english before typing up something public like that
     
    11-28-2011, 05:02 PM
  #1826
Green Broke
That actually looks like a good horse.... If only I had some info on whether it is a gelding or mare or how well trained it is... What's a pick-up horse? Like a pick up truck?? LOL

And what does "buy a good one" mean??
     
    11-28-2011, 05:10 PM
  #1827
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum    
Okay, I wasn't quite sure what to make of this one.

5yo mare is eight-months-pregnant, they're selling her as a white QH/arab cross (I think that's what the title means), but they picture a black horse...and she's owned by a 6yo who will show you how to "raid" (ride?) her?! O.o And I'm not even remotely sure what a "toro breth" is (unless they mean some kind of bull, since "toro" is bull in Spanish).

Horse1/4 mile whit Arabian and toro breth
Its a beatifull horse
5 years old 8mounts pregnet
Its my sons horse he is 6 years old he can show you how to raid it

7 mounts old toro breth$$$500


  • Location: las vegas nv
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

OK here's your translation:

"For sale: 5 year old QH/Arabian/Thoroughbred cross mare, due to foal in February. She is my 6 year old son's horse and he will be willing to give you a riding demonstration.
We also have a 7 month old Thoroughbred for sale. I'm not exactly sure if it's a colt or a filly but maybe you can figure it out when you come to look. Please bring $500 for that one."

     
    11-28-2011, 05:14 PM
  #1828
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum    
Yeah, I got the QH/arab (wouldn't have guessed the "with" part, though lol), but not sure how they got "toro breth" out of thoroughbred.
I think I get it. I wouldn't have gotten it unless someone hadn't pointed it out but:

The TH sound in "thoroughbred" would be silent if you were speaking spanish. ;)
TOH-RO BreT (the d and t are similar).
     
    11-28-2011, 07:34 PM
  #1829
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald    
That actually looks like a good horse.... If only I had some info on whether it is a gelding or mare or how well trained it is... What's a pick-up horse? Like a pick up truck?? LOL

And what does "buy a good one" mean??
I've usually heard the term pick-up horse used to refer to those horses in the rodeos who are ridden up alongside the bucking bronco so the cowboy can hop off without falling to the ground.
Ray MacDonald likes this.
     
    11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
  #1830
Foal
Just spotted this on craigslist


"EXCELLENT ROWDY YANKEE BLOOD LINES. TROTTER, 17.5 HANDS TALL, BEY MARE. THIS HORSE IS GENTLE AS A BABY. HARNESS AND SADDLE BROKE! ECONOMIC HARDSHIP FORCES SALE PLEASE CALL FOR MORE DETAILS"

17.5 hands? Bey?
Lololololol
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0