Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 218 - The Horse Forum

 3917Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2171 of 7202 Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,958
• Horses: 0
Maple is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2172 of 7202 Old 01-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sevierville, TN
Posts: 345
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple View Post
I'm slightly upset that I've never physically come across one of these 14.5 or 14.6 hh horses... I must be living in a bubble? I see them for sale all the time but have never actually got to interact with one.
I responded to ad today and told the person I was confused about the height. I said, "The info says 14.3, but the description says 14.5(??)."

They responded and said the horse was indeed 14.5. I really want to ask them what that means, but I don't know how to do so without sounding insulting. Maybe I should just ask and see what happens.
SmallTownGypsy is offline  
post #2173 of 7202 Old 01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Higgins, TX. YeeHaw!!
Posts: 22,124
• Horses: 24
Well, you could always pretend to know less than they do and ask how tall that would be in inches .

Always remember that feeling of looking at a big, open country over the ears of a good horse, seeing a new trail unwind ahead of you, and that ever-spectacular view from the top of the ridge!!! Follow my training blog: http://robertsontraining.blogspot.com/
smrobs is offline  
post #2174 of 7202 Old 01-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,958
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownGypsy View Post
I responded to ad today and told the person I was confused about the height. I said, "The info says 14.3, but the description says 14.5(??)."

They responded and said the horse was indeed 14.5. I really want to ask them what that means, but I don't know how to do so without sounding insulting. Maybe I should just ask and see what happens.
Ask if its 14.2 (14 1/2) or 15.1?
Maple is offline  
post #2175 of 7202 Old 01-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IN a state
Posts: 2,587
• Horses: 1
heres one that went up today
Ad for qaurter horse/ mustang

I have a very gentle gelding for sale. He will be 3 yrs old this spring. He does everything you ask him to do. My 7 yr old daughter leads him around all the time. He has been saddled 3 times and the second and 3rd times my 11 yr old son has gotten on him and we have led them around. He has never tried to buck or rare. I just don't have the time to mess with him like he needs. He will be a tall horse and has really filled out this summer. Dark brown in color with a black mane and tail. We was told his dad was a qaurter and his mom was a mustang. I will try to post a pic on here soon. If interesed please
gingerscout is offline  
post #2176 of 7202 Old 01-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Orb
Foal
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3
• Horses: 0
Amateur move, I say. He should be sellin this stuff by the ounce.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (14.2 KB, 124 views)
DraftyAiresMum likes this.
Orb is offline  
post #2177 of 7202 Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 3,110
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
Amateur move, I say. He should be sellin this stuff by the ounce.
I've seen ads that they wanted money in exchange for you to haul it away. I can't stop myself from laughing when people want to sell the manure by the truck load LOL!
Posted via Mobile Device
SunnyDraco is offline  
post #2178 of 7202 Old 01-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deer Park, WA
Posts: 28
• Horses: 7
Here is an ad from todays CL for a trailer, you don't evenneed a truck it runs well on it's own!
2 Horse Straght Loud Trailer

Blue 2 horse straght loud trailer. New tiers, new floor mats, and one ride has all the bumper pads. Other side needs to be replaced with the bumper pads, or you can just take them out.
It runs great. Has a little tack room on the ride. Escape door, and the front where you put the hay opens and close's nicely. All the lights work, and the license is up to date.
It does need some work, but it runs fantastic. Never had a problem hauling it, and its light weight. Asking $800, OBO.
Please e-mail for more pictures or if you want to come out and see it.
I will also trade for a two horse slant trailer, or a stock trailer I can use for taller horses. If the trailer we trade for needs work, that is just fine. But I would like it run
Pretty well.
Thank you
BikerChickk is offline  
post #2179 of 7202 Old 01-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IN a state
Posts: 2,587
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerChickk View Post
Here is an ad from todays CL for a trailer, you don't evenneed a truck it runs well on it's own!
2 Horse Straght Loud Trailer

Blue 2 horse straght loud trailer. New tiers, new floor mats, and one ride has all the bumper pads. Other side needs to be replaced with the bumper pads, or you can just take them out.
It runs great. Has a little tack room on the ride. Escape door, and the front where you put the hay opens and close's nicely. All the lights work, and the license is up to date.
It does need some work, but it runs fantastic. Never had a problem hauling it, and its light weight. Asking $800, OBO.
Please e-mail for more pictures or if you want to come out and see it.
I will also trade for a two horse slant trailer, or a stock trailer I can use for taller horses. If the trailer we trade for needs work, that is just fine. But I would like it run
Pretty well.
Thank you
so what kind of engine does the trailer have in it?? I guess he's hoping the trade trailer doesent need a tune up
BikerChickk likes this.
gingerscout is offline  
post #2180 of 7202 Old 01-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sevierville, TN
Posts: 345
• Horses: 2
Is it just me or is this chick holding the reins weird? This was attached to an ad for the horse.

SmallTownGypsy is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome