Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 441 - The Horse Forum

 3917Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4401 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 339
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsitVita View Post
You're definitely right, but ignorance does not excuse the pain that this animal has suffered because some dumb, ignorant black guy thought he would keep a horse in his backyard while trying to train the animal to be a trotter and only succeeding to harm the animal further. Should I just turn a blind eye to that? Should I stand idly by and only hope the horse finds a suitable owner? That's bs and you and everyone here knows it. I acted by reporting this animal to the proper authorities because that's the right thing to do....I would do the same for any animal, even if my relatives were treating animals as this guy treats this horse. If you have a problem with that, perhaps you need to reevaluate your conscience and your heart!
what? No one said stand idly by. I think its good that you reported the ad, hopefully someone can help this horse. I think they just meant that its not necessarily people who don't know any better or "city" people. Plenty of times people just don't care... even if they've had a lot of experience with horses.
Tianimalz likes this.
attackships is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4402 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 710
• Horses: 2
I don't know where the reference to a "black guy" comes from- I think I can pinpoint what area of the US you are in by that remark...
KatieQ is offline  
post #4403 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goat Country
Posts: 1,907
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieQ View Post
I don't know where the reference to a "black guy" comes from- I think I can pinpoint what area of the US you are in by that remark...
Oh come now... not all us southerners are racist.
Tianimalz is offline  
post #4404 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 489
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsitVita View Post
You're definitely right, but ignorance does not excuse the pain that this animal has suffered because some dumb, ignorant black guy thought he would keep a horse in his backyard while trying to train the animal to be a trotter and only succeeding to harm the animal further. Should I just turn a blind eye to that? Should I stand idly by and only hope the horse finds a suitable owner? That's bs and you and everyone here knows it. I acted by reporting this animal to the proper authorities because that's the right thing to do....I would do the same for any animal, even if my relatives were treating animals as this guy treats this horse. If you have a problem with that, perhaps you need to reevaluate your conscience and your heart!
Wow, you've just opened a can of worms there... (I'm sure that's not what you meant, but wow, what a way to word it!!)

I think you did the right thing by reporting it, nobody has said otherwise (unless it was deleted before I saw) but you really need to be careful what you say, otherwise you're going to make some people very upset.

And just for the record, the worst abuse I've ever seen was from a country white guy who was very experienced with horses, had been raised around them. He was one of the biggest breeders/trainers in my area.

ETA: I type so slow, love how everyone else has jumped in already XD

Satin Reign aka "Misty"... my life, my love, my everything.
Misty'sGirl is offline  
post #4405 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 710
• Horses: 2
I guess not but I find that sort of thing very offensive.
KatieQ is offline  
post #4406 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,694
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieQ View Post
I don't know where the reference to a "black guy" comes from- I think I can pinpoint what area of the US you are in by that remark...
And I think I could pinpoint what area you live in with that remark.

There's racist people everywhere, it doesn't matter where you live. Criminals, racists, sexists - they're everywhere! Sure, they may be more common in the "South" but that doesn't mean she lives there.

ETA: I meant racists are more common in the south, not criminals and stuff. Oh, and I am from Texas, pretty much as south as you can get.

There on the tips of fair fresh flowers feedeth he; How joyous his neigh,
there in the midst of sacred pollen hidden, all hidden he; how joyous his neigh

Last edited by Kayella; 09-10-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Kayella is offline  
post #4407 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Started
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mid Northern TN
Posts: 2,472
• Horses: 1
Not saying anything about racism or not, one of the pictures in the ad is a picture of himself with the horse stating his height, where, he is in fact black. So in this case, yeah, it does happen to be a black guy with a horse that doesn't appear to be properly cared for. I've seen people of all colors abuse horses though, so this is just an n=1.
Sharpie is offline  
post #4408 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 346
• Horses: 0
There seems to be some people who seem to think I'm a racist, okay first off just " because I stated clearly "black guy" I would do the same if it were a white guy.....I DID NOT call him a derogatory or degrading name (which I might add I know several), would it make you feel better if I said that there are a lot of crackers out there who also abuse/neglect animals? Perhaps that would be acceptable to some of you. I don't have a problem with people like Tianimalz, who buys horses and fattens them up...I am not stating that ALL black, white, indian, muslim, latino or otherwise non white person doesnt know how to care for their animals because a lot of them do. However I have a problem with ignorant people who harm animals because they have no clue how to properly succeed in their quest! I have no problem in calling people out on their ignorance be it redneck, black, injun or what ever! Not that it really matters but to quell a few people in their ignorance:

I am not racist, I am from Hawaii, I live in Chicago where there are people of all races, nations, ethnicities and religious beliefs. I'm Native American in descent and I date a Mexican!
amp23, xJumperx and tiffrmcoy like this.
AbsitVita is offline  
post #4409 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goat Country
Posts: 1,907
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsitVita View Post
There seems to be some people who seem to think I'm a racist, okay first off just " because I stated clearly "black guy" I would do the same if it were a white guy.....I DID NOT call him a derogatory or degrading name (which I might add I know several), would it make you feel better if I said that there are a lot of crackers out there who also abuse/neglect animals? Perhaps that would be acceptable to some of you. I don't have a problem with people like Tianimalz, who buys horses and fattens them up...I am not stating that ALL black, white, indian, muslim, latino or otherwise non white person doesnt know how to care for their animals because a lot of them do. However I have a problem with ignorant people who harm animals because they have no clue how to properly succeed in their quest! I have no problem in calling people out on their ignorance be it redneck, black, injun or what ever! Not that it really matters but to quell a few people in their ignorance:

I am not racist, I am from Hawaii, I live in Chicago where there are people of all races, nations, ethnicities and religious beliefs. I'm Native American in descent and I date a Mexican!

Calm down :) I don't think anyone meant to jump on you, try not to be so defensive (it's hard, I know. I'm impulsive and delete a ton of would-be posts for it! ), some people were just pointing out the way you worded things could be taken wrong, I'd just nod and try my best to do better. Words have quite a tricky way of power.
Tianimalz is offline  
post #4410 of 7202 Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 346
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianimalz View Post
Calm down :) I don't think anyone meant to jump on you, try not to be so defensive (it's hard, I know. I'm impulsive and delete a ton of would-be posts for it! ), some people were just pointing out the way you worded things could be taken wrong, I'd just nod and try my best to do better. Words have quite a tricky way of power.
Tianimalz you're one bad a$$ cool chick, be my friend?
AbsitVita is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome