Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 450
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads

This is a discussion on Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree3916Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        09-22-2012, 06:35 PM
      #4491
    Weanling
    And that poor little mare looks miserable, for sure!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        09-23-2012, 05:49 PM
      #4492
    Foal
    My friend and I just went and picked up a horse that was posted on Craigslist, it said he was dead broke, 18 hands, swayback and blind. They wanted $500 for him!!! We had nothing better to do but go look at this...we came home with a 3 year old 15 hand gelding who has blue eyes(apparently this means he blind) no sway at all just high withers(still growing) and is a little bit sour but nothing we can't help him through. We got him for free because he had no coggins paper...needless to say these people know absolutely nothing about horses and we have a great project horse!
    doubleopi likes this.
         
        09-23-2012, 06:09 PM
      #4493
    Trained
    This makes me sad. "Retired as a two-year-old..."

    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/grq/3291319145.html
         
        09-23-2012, 10:14 PM
      #4494
    Weanling
    That makes me sad, too. I had an old friend visiting last weekend, who used to work in the racing world. I showed him my horses and said I was just starting to ride the 3 yr old. He said it was a bit old to "just be starting him", and I had to explain that they aren't racehorses so aren't started at 1 1/2, we want them to be around (and useful) for more than 2 or 3 yrs. He didn't seem to understand until I pointed out all the leg injuries, fractures, etc that occur on the track. He really didn't know that it was because of their age.
         
        09-23-2012, 11:09 PM
      #4495
    Green Broke
    DANG IT! LOL

    I went to like your post.. and clicked like nothing LOL.. my *uhh WTH* moment
         
        09-24-2012, 09:04 AM
      #4496
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum    
    This makes me sad. "Retired as a two-year-old..."

    3 1/2 year old TB
    By the sounds of his height, he was retired as he is far to backward for the game. If he was over here, he would be let off until abotu 4 and brought in for NH.

    Saying that, I'd rather somebody retire them at 2 and give them a different career bath than push a backward horse and create health issues. We've got a few 2 year olds who were broken and let off to grass to mature and grow, 3 of which are being brought in at the end of the month to get them going again.
    Foxhunter likes this.
         
        09-24-2012, 10:59 AM
      #4497
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snicholebrucker    
    My friend and I just went and picked up a horse that was posted on Craigslist, it said he was dead broke, 18 hands, swayback and blind. They wanted $500 for him!!! We had nothing better to do but go look at this...we came home with a 3 year old 15 hand gelding who has blue eyes(apparently this means he blind) no sway at all just high withers(still growing) and is a little bit sour but nothing we can't help him through. We got him for free because he had no coggins paper...needless to say these people know absolutely nothing about horses and we have a great project horse!
    Good luck with the project.. I hope it works out for you
    Keep us updated
         
        09-24-2012, 11:08 AM
      #4498
    Started
    So young to be doing all this :(


    2 yr old bay mare for sale. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/wonder+hartona. VERY good looking mare! Ridden last weekend through the timber on a group trail ride. Didn't make a wrong move...did absolutely everything asked of her and tried her heart out! Super gentle mare. She flexes, bends at the pole, woahs, backs...started neck reining and sidepassing...walks, trots, and lopes circles...rides out by herself and with other horses. Not mareish. Great bloodlines! She's got a great foundation on her and is ready to take whichever way you'd like! Really nice horse for the price! Please contact me through this add or TEXT only (do not call)
         
        09-24-2012, 11:55 AM
      #4499
    Started
    baby got Back!

    I'm selling a great all-around, 6-year-old gelding. He stands 15.3 hands, about 1,200 pounds. Registered sorrel solid paint. Very well-built. Zippo Pine Bar in sire and dam. He's had lots of ground work done and was started in western pleasure, so he gives his head and has smooth, easy gaits. Has been ridden in walk trot, pleasure, barrels, poles, etc. but has mostly been trial ridden for the past few years and is very quiet and gentle. I've also had him around cattle. He's easy to catch, trim, and load. He's a very easy keeper and gets along very well with other horses. He stands well for the farrier and to be clipped, groomed, bathed, etc. He is up-to-date with shots, worming, and foot care. Feel free to e-mail with any questions or for pictures. $2500. Thank you!


         
        09-24-2012, 12:00 PM
      #4500
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Critter sitter    
    I'm selling a great all-around, 6-year-old gelding. He stands 15.3 hands, about 1,200 pounds. Registered sorrel solid paint. Very well-built. Zippo Pine Bar in sire and dam. He's had lots of ground work done and was started in western pleasure, so he gives his head and has smooth, easy gaits. Has been ridden in walk trot, pleasure, barrels, poles, etc. but has mostly been trial ridden for the past few years and is very quiet and gentle. I've also had him around cattle. He's easy to catch, trim, and load. He's a very easy keeper and gets along very well with other horses. He stands well for the farrier and to be clipped, groomed, bathed, etc. He is up-to-date with shots, worming, and foot care. Feel free to e-mail with any questions or for pictures. $2500. Thank you!



    Did you feed him Booty booster after weaning? I bet he'll be a powerhouse in the arena for ANYTHING!
    Critter sitter likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
    This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
    1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
    Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0