Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 489 - The Horse Forum
 3917Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4881 of 7202 Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Black Hills of Wyoming
Posts: 246
• Horses: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customcanines View Post
Here's a good one :

two young males one is a year and a half and my
10 year old son can ride him but we dont do it much because of the pony's age and we got other stuff that can go with them but no saddle 200 each or 350 for the pair or trade for tractor that cuts grass extra for the extra but still cheep would like them to go together thanks thats not my 10 year old hes 16 year old friend just wanted to see how he wold act for the first time somebody was on his back 270-531-5397 trades welcome
I don't get it - she is selling "two young males". The pony and her son?
caljane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4882 of 7202 Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 489
• Horses: 1
This one is just sad... how can you have a horse for 2yrs and not even name it? Clearly just an object for them, not a living thing.

Quote:
2yr old Unamed filly... Thekidsnamedme / Bo Jasper
Was started to be gaited up 12mths ago .. been in paddock sence...no injurys.lease/sell. getting out of the industry.. near new race cart also avaliable..

Satin Reign aka "Misty"... my life, my love, my everything.
Misty'sGirl is offline  
post #4883 of 7202 Old 11-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,958
• Horses: 0
Not a horse for sale ad but...

horse for sale in Offaly : €0 - DoneDeal.ie

i am looking for a horse for free please some one give me one for my son for christmas

*sigh* So you have no initial money to buy the horse, how are you going to pay for all of it's expenses?
caljane and Wheatermay like this.

Stop for a minute, open your mind, learn. You may not agree with what I say, I may not agree with what you say but we will both learn something new.
Maple is offline  
post #4884 of 7202 Old 11-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 779
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyMeadeFarm View Post
I thought so too XD just caught me off guard
The area code is 304, and that is West Virginia.... Most people around here take hillbilly or redneck as a compliment, but.... they are giving it a bad name, lol...

Angels are people who can see and feel the pain in all creatures... -myself
Wheatermay is offline  
post #4885 of 7202 Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 779
• Horses: 3
Have a 6 year old chestnut gelding for sale. He is a great horse but he just needs the attention that i can't give him because of work and school. He has a lot of potential he just needs somebody that he can show it to. He came from Thea Chesney who is a professional horse trainer in Southwest Nebraska. I am asking 800 for him but am considering trades for a 2 yr old, or something that is broke to ride. He is able to be saddled, and he lunges, as well as takes the bit. I have not been able to get out there to ride him.


Your selling a 6yr old horse bc u dont have the time, but u want a TWO year old? What is the rationalization behind this on? Btw, I cant believe how many ribs I can see here....

Angels are people who can see and feel the pain in all creatures... -myself

Last edited by MHFoundation Quarters; 11-13-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Linking to other social media (ie: facebook, other forums) is against forum rules.
Wheatermay is offline  
post #4886 of 7202 Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgetown CA
Posts: 154
• Horses: 0
I have to say I have been reading through this thread, and some of them are funny. It is hard to be on the other end though, that of the seller sometimes when you cannot defend youself against crticism.

Last year I sold a mini mule and mini horse on craigslist. In the end, I got full price on them and they got a good home, but I later noticed my ad had been posted on a horse forum. Originally it was posted because someone was thinking about buying them, but it turned into a complete slam fest of my ad. People were making fun of it, crticizing my description of my mini mule as "rare" as being a lie, and based on the pics I had posted people were stating my little mule had dwarfism. It was really hurtful, and I never got to explain that the "rare" was in reference to my mule's height, not just the fact that she was a mini mule (which *are* much less common than mini donkeys) as I have never before or since seen such a tiny mule.

Additionally, my mule absolutely did not have drawfism.......I saw both her sire and dam and they just both happened to be extremely short, she resembled them perfectly. She was about 5, I had her for 4 years, and she was incredibly healthy, and as far as I know, her new owner loves her to death.

I guess I am just a little sensitive to the ad crticism.....sometimes things are clarified if you actually talk to the person who placed the ad. Additionally, I could start a whole new thread about all the idiots, who were totally inappropriate to own a horse, who called me. So it goes both ways.
KountryPrincess is offline  
post #4887 of 7202 Old 11-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 779
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KountryPrincess View Post
I have to say I have been reading through this thread, and some of them are funny. It is hard to be on the other end though, that of the seller sometimes when you cannot defend youself against crticism.

Last year I sold a mini mule and mini horse on craigslist. In the end, I got full price on them and they got a good home, but I later noticed my ad had been posted on a horse forum. Originally it was posted because someone was thinking about buying them, but it turned into a complete slam fest of my ad. People were making fun of it, crticizing my description of my mini mule as "rare" as being a lie, and based on the pics I had posted people were stating my little mule had dwarfism. It was really hurtful, and I never got to explain that the "rare" was in reference to my mule's height, not just the fact that she was a mini mule (which *are* much less common than mini donkeys) as I have never before or since seen such a tiny mule.

Additionally, my mule absolutely did not have drawfism.......I saw both her sire and dam and they just both happened to be extremely short, she resembled them perfectly. She was about 5, I had her for 4 years, and she was incredibly healthy, and as far as I know, her new owner loves her to death.

I guess I am just a little sensitive to the ad crticism.....sometimes things are clarified if you actually talk to the person who placed the ad. Additionally, I could start a whole new thread about all the idiots, who were totally inappropriate to own a horse, who called me. So it goes both ways.
you are not wrong... and I dont like looking at these trying to find a flaw in the ad.... some of them are funny and some of them are sad....

Angels are people who can see and feel the pain in all creatures... -myself
Wheatermay is offline  
post #4888 of 7202 Old 11-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty'sGirl View Post
This one is just sad... how can you have a horse for 2yrs and not even name it? Clearly just an object for them, not a living thing.
The filly is a pacer. She probably has a stable name - when race horse owners say "un-named" they mean that they haven't picked out a racing name for the horse, so the new owner can do that.

Mods, grant me the serenity to see the opinions I cannot change, courage to change the ones that should change, and the wisdom to spot the trolls.
Chiilaa is offline  
post #4889 of 7202 Old 11-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 902
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customcanines View Post
Here's a good one :

two young males one is a year and a half and my
10 year old son can ride him but we dont do it much because of the pony's age and we got other stuff that can go with them but no saddle 200 each or 350 for the pair or trade for tractor that cuts grass extra for the extra but still cheep would like them to go together thanks thats not my 10 year old hes 16 year old friend just wanted to see how he wold act for the first time somebody was on his back 270-531-5397 trades welcome

Did anyone else "catch" where she writes that her "10 year old son can ride him..." & then later "explains" that the person on the horse is NOT the 10 year old son, rather, it is his 16 year old friend, because she "just wanted to see how he would act for the FIRST TIME somebody was on his back..."

Um...Helloooo?? WTF...Lie much? So lame. Like the three legged-dead lame of the lier's world!!

That kind of crap REALLY upsets me. I'm HOPING someone will write and say that in my late-morning-after-work-exhaustion-stupor, I just missed something important & clarifying...and in fact, this person isn't really totally full of dung!! Please?? 0.o
Posted via Mobile Device
Back2Horseback is offline  
post #4890 of 7202 Old 11-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,143
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Horseback View Post
Did anyone else "catch" where she writes that her "10 year old son can ride him..." & then later "explains" that the person on the horse is NOT the 10 year old son, rather, it is his 16 year old friend, because she "just wanted to see how he would act for the FIRST TIME somebody was on his back..."

Um...Helloooo?? WTF...Lie much? So lame. Like the three legged-dead lame of the lier's world!!

That kind of crap REALLY upsets me. I'm HOPING someone will write and say that in my late-morning-after-work-exhaustion-stupor, I just missed something important & clarifying...and in fact, this person isn't really totally full of dung!! Please?? 0.o
Posted via Mobile Device
Well it could just be an old picture of him being ridden for the first time... Doesn't mean the 10 yr old CANT or HASNT ridden him.

My friend told me today she drove 3 hours to go see a horse that ended up being falsely advertised. The seller posted photos/videos of the horse's sire in a deliberate effort to deceive. THAT makes me mad.
Wheatermay likes this.


EQUILOVE
Equilove is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 06:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 04:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 09:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 03:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome