Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 512
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads

This is a discussion on Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree3916Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-29-2012, 12:42 PM
      #5111
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SunnyMeadeFarm    
    Oh my god! 22 dollars American money? That's ridiculous, our square bales are 5.00 max, that's top quality! Is your hay made of gold? Lol
    Hay prices in Cali have been through the roof for awhile. The old jumper barn I trained at went to Cali and Arizona for the winter jumper series. It was brutal because you were not allowed to take your own hay into the state but their hay prices gave you a stroke to even look at.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-29-2012, 02:03 PM
      #5112
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NBEventer    
    Hay prices in Cali have been through the roof for awhile. The old jumper barn I trained at went to Cali and Arizona for the winter jumper series. It was brutal because you were not allowed to take your own hay into the state but their hay prices gave you a stroke to even look at.
    Interesting. I live in New Hampshire, and most people grow their own hay since everyone has at least an extra acre to hay. But most farmers hay the centers of their corn fields and stuff around here so every farm has cheap 3 dollar hay, so our news paper ads tend to be only like 20+ hay for sale adds, its just a matter of quality, and checking it. Most is really good though, especially the wild grown hay.
         
        11-29-2012, 02:18 PM
      #5113
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SunnyMeadeFarm    
    Interesting. I live in New Hampshire, and most people grow their own hay since everyone has at least an extra acre to hay. But most farmers hay the centers of their corn fields and stuff around here so every farm has cheap 3 dollar hay, so our news paper ads tend to be only like 20+ hay for sale adds, its just a matter of quality, and checking it. Most is really good though, especially the wild grown hay.
    Its funny how different it is area to area. Where I am now(not to far from you) we can get nice second cut for $4.50 a bale delivered, first cut $3.75 - $4 a bale delivered. When you have to buy 300+ at a time it hurts but it could be much worse. We go through 20(ish) bales a day.
         
        11-29-2012, 02:27 PM
      #5114
    Yearling
    It really depends on the type of weather during the year too. Here in Alberta, it was hot and we had rain almost daily this summer, and hay crops were plentiful, so it's pretty cheap right now. There have been drought years though (like what some areas of the US are facing) where the prices are through the roof.
         
        11-29-2012, 02:44 PM
      #5115
    Trained
    Hay prices have been rising steadily here in AZ for the past couple of years. Two years ago, I could feed my old gelding for $20 a week and that was buying one three-string (120#) bale of alfalfa and one three-string (125#) bale of Bermuda grass. Now, $20 will barely buy one halfway okay two-string (90#) bale of alfalfa, which is the cheapest.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        11-29-2012, 03:24 PM
      #5116
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NBEventer    
    Its funny how different it is area to area. Where I am now(not to far from you) we can get nice second cut for $4.50 a bale delivered, first cut $3.75 - $4 a bale delivered. When you have to buy 300+ at a time it hurts but it could be much worse. We go through 20(ish) bales a day.
    Oh wow, that's certainly a lot of bales a day! I have a mini and a pony, so we go through about 1 bale every three days. So we have at most ten bales at a time.
         
        11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
      #5117
    Green Broke
    I go through about 6 a day, which is why we started making our own after getting hit by a couple of drought years back in the day. Luckily we have storage for enough to get us through the winter most years with what we cut over the summer.
         
        11-29-2012, 05:42 PM
      #5118
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Piaffe    
    The first two pictures are just too great ;) The longer I look at them the more disturbed I become. I feel like a big ol' meanie posting this as I'm sure the horse is sweet....it's just the pics....lol...

    Beautiful Arab mare trade
    LOL, Chiilaa, I am less concerned about the guy without a shirt than I am with the woman who looks like she's mining for dingleberries.
         
        11-29-2012, 05:45 PM
      #5119
    Teen Forum Moderator
    XD so I'm not the only one that uses the term dingleberries! Yuck :3
    smrobs likes this.
         
        11-29-2012, 06:05 PM
      #5120
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SunnyMeadeFarm    
    Interesting. I live in New Hampshire, and most people grow their own hay since everyone has at least an extra acre to hay. But most farmers hay the centers of their corn fields and stuff around here so every farm has cheap 3 dollar hay, so our news paper ads tend to be only like 20+ hay for sale adds, its just a matter of quality, and checking it. Most is really good though, especially the wild grown hay.
    Well that stinks I'm just south of NH in MA and my hay is $8.50 a bale! Not as bad as some people but it still stinks with my fat ponies! Slow feeders rock.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
    This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
    1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
    Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0