Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 615
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads

This is a discussion on Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree3916Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-04-2013, 04:04 PM
      #6141
    Started
    It is a very common practice, to tether horses out like that, in England and Ireland. This especially among some Gypsies, who often graze their horses on roadsides or even the land of others. Never seen one with that kind of string, but have seen tons with neck collars on and long lines to a stake.

    In the '70's, I knew an Arabian Horse breeder in the US, who also used to stake his horses out in a similar fashion. I never liked the practice and wouldn't dare use it on one of my horses, but the Arabian breeder's horses, never seemed to get into trouble.

    Lizzie
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-04-2013, 04:16 PM
      #6142
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeatheredFeet    
    It is a very common practice, to tether horses out like that, in England and Ireland. This especially among some Gypsies, who often graze their horses on roadsides or even the land of others. Never seen one with that kind of string, but have seen tons with neck collars on and long lines to a stake.

    In the '70's, I knew an Arabian Horse breeder in the US, who also used to stake his horses out in a similar fashion. I never liked the practice and wouldn't dare use it on one of my horses, but the Arabian breeder's horses, never seemed to get into trouble.

    Lizzie

    It is common in Dublin, in the rougher areas of Ballymun, Finglas, Tallaght and Mullhuddart ... where the horses are "jockeyd" by young lads in tracksuits and sneakers - no saddle and they just gallop around the fields. There was an irish program made several years ago called "Diarmud's pony kids" which took 5 of these kids and gave them proper lessons and equipment.
         
        03-04-2013, 04:25 PM
      #6143
    Yearling
    QUARTER HORSE BRAKES

    OUCH
    Ray MacDonald likes this.
         
        03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
      #6144
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kilokitty    
    Are those scars on her face? And I'm hoping she's just naturally ribby.



    Looks like fungal scarring to me.
         
        03-04-2013, 06:28 PM
      #6145
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeatheredFeet    
    It is a very common practice, to tether horses out like that, in England and Ireland. This especially among some Gypsies, who often graze their horses on roadsides or even the land of others. Never seen one with that kind of string, but have seen tons with neck collars on and long lines to a stake.

    In the '70's, I knew an Arabian Horse breeder in the US, who also used to stake his horses out in a similar fashion. I never liked the practice and wouldn't dare use it on one of my horses, but the Arabian breeder's horses, never seemed to get into trouble.

    Lizzie
    Their tethering "string" is also what they are using for a "halter" in the other pictures
         
        03-04-2013, 08:19 PM
      #6146
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnalisaParalyzer    
    What a way to describe it!
         
        03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
      #6147
    Trained
    Oh dear god-this poor filly is probably already bred. UGH. Stupid people. I wish I could just go get them.

    filly and colt
         
        03-04-2013, 08:26 PM
      #6148
    Started
    Horses are tethered like that all the time here in NZ, you will be driving along the main highway and see peoples little bush ponies tethered on the big grass verges that back onto forest, especially when there is no grass around on their actual property (like now). My miniature gets tethered all the time (mind you, she has an actual halter on and is always in a place she can be seen) because she can't be on grass 24/7 like my big guys (she foundered just after we rescued her) and I can't paddock her for an hour a day because she is like houdini, fences won't hold all 37" of her
    Tethering doesn't bother me so long as the horse is able to be seen where it is tethered and isn't stressed out over it
    Ray MacDonald likes this.
         
        03-04-2013, 09:15 PM
      #6149
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franknbeans    
    oh dear god-this poor filly is probably already bred. UGH. Stupid people. I wish I could just go get them.

    filly and colt
    Oh poor things!
    They all look so wormy, or pregnant.
         
        03-04-2013, 09:26 PM
      #6150
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franknbeans    
    oh dear god-this poor filly is probably already bred. UGH. Stupid people. I wish I could just go get them.

    filly and colt
    Both of them are train wrecks, but that colt's hind legs scare me.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    franknbeans likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
    This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
    1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
    Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0