Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 673
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads

This is a discussion on Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

Like Tree3917Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
  #6721
Trained
Not a horse for sale ad, but a trainer ad:

I am looking for a horse that may need riding and light training. Last year I worked with with a quarter horse mare in an arena. This horse would not stand still for mounting and I trained her to stand quietly. I recently moved here to Columbia, from California. I can currently ride 2 or 3 times a week. I am looking for a free lease.

When I was younger I owned an Arabian gelding for 7 years. He was highly spirited and I learned a lot from him. I'd like to get into endurance riding with the right horse. Please tell me about your situation. Thank you!


---------
So she taught a horse to stand for mounting and "learned a lot" from a horse she had when she was little, so she's a trainer. The picture is also of her riding, helmetless, in a western saddle with her legs forward and her hands raised to chest level.

Sign me up!!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    04-06-2013, 12:37 PM
  #6722
Trained


NICE STEEL GREY ARABIAN COLT
Beautiful mover
Well bred
Should mature 15 hands
Great endurance prospect


-----------------
He looks bay to me.
No info on bloodlines, or what makes him an endurance prospect.
     
    04-06-2013, 01:01 PM
  #6723
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingArabian    


NICE STEEL GREY ARABIAN COLT
Beautiful mover
Well bred
Should mature 15 hands
Great endurance prospect


-----------------
He looks bay to me.
No info on bloodlines, or what makes him an endurance prospect.
Well, duh, every Arabian is an endurance prospect because they run around the pasture with their heads and tails high in the air

And I think every registered horse I have seen ads for say "well bred"

And for the color, maybe that was the best picture they had of him (outdated) and he really is just starting to grey
Stichy likes this.
     
    04-06-2013, 01:46 PM
  #6724
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDraco    

And I think every registered horse I have seen ads for say "well bred"
Ahh Sunny, you know that's not true! I'm sure at least half of them say "well bread"
     
    04-06-2013, 02:17 PM
  #6725
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple    
Ahh Sunny, you know that's not true! I'm sure at least half of them say "well bread"
Or thoroughbred (something) - because there's a shocking number of people that think "Thoroughbred" means....thoroughly bred, LOL.
Jalter likes this.
     
    04-06-2013, 02:17 PM
  #6726
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDraco    
Well, duh, every Arabian is an endurance prospect because they run around the pasture with their heads and tails high in the air

And I think every registered horse I have seen ads for say "well bred"

And for the color, maybe that was the best picture they had of him (outdated) and he really is just starting to grey
He's supposedly a 2012 baby, so should be a yearling. The pictures are probably accurate in the ad.
     
    04-06-2013, 02:25 PM
  #6727
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingArabian    
Or thoroughbred (something) - because there's a shocking number of people that think "Thoroughbred" means....thoroughly bred, LOL.
I'm used to that. Over here we get a lot of "half-breds" and "three quarter breds". Of course we also get the half-breads Sounds like a good ol sandwich to me lol!
tiffrmcoy and Stichy like this.
     
    04-06-2013, 03:09 PM
  #6728
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingArabian    
Or thoroughbred (something) - because there's a shocking number of people that think "Thoroughbred" means....thoroughly bred, LOL.
That includes my dad haha. When I was buying my Thoroughbred, dad kept asking me what breed it is. I kept saying he's a Thoroighbred. He's like "a Thoroughbred what? We have a PUREBRED Dachshund, so this is a Thoroughbred ____?"
Fahntasia and Faye83 like this.
     
    04-06-2013, 03:40 PM
  #6729
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalter    
That includes my dad haha. When I was buying my Thoroughbred, dad kept asking me what breed it is. I kept saying he's a Thoroighbred. He's like "a Thoroughbred what? We have a PUREBRED Dachshund, so this is a Thoroughbred ____?"
That seriously just made me snort because I laughed so hard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Jalter and Faye83 like this.
     
    04-06-2013, 03:55 PM
  #6730
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingArabian    
He's supposedly a 2012 baby, so should be a yearling. The pictures are probably accurate in the ad.
Has a winter coat. That interferes with seeing the early stages of grey, but the face (near the eyes and towards the forehead) do look like there is a greying process coming through
Chiilaa likes this.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 06:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 04:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 09:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 03:10 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0