Eating to Perform - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington (no, not D.C.)
Posts: 145
• Horses: 2
No, no no. Sorry if anyone got the wrong idea! Eat your fruits! I'm just saying that some people eat an excessive amount of the extremely sugary fruits, and that you should try adding more veggies into your diet! Not saying stop eating fruit! Fruits give you vitamins that are rarely so well packed any where else.

Sorry if anyone thought I was saying to stop eating fruits.

No, I don't like plaid-- oh, you think that's weird because I am a "farmer", and farmers wear plaid-- well if you looked at my little dirt patch I call a garden, you would think twice
ryster2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington (no, not D.C.)
Posts: 145
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryster2000 View Post
My first tip: Fruits are good, but whenever you can, replace them with veggies. You will get 'more bang for your buck' per say, because you can eat more vegetables without all of that sugar you find in fruits.
Sorry, now that I look at that, it came out wrong.

No, I don't like plaid-- oh, you think that's weird because I am a "farmer", and farmers wear plaid-- well if you looked at my little dirt patch I call a garden, you would think twice
ryster2000 is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington (no, not D.C.)
Posts: 145
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexischristina View Post
Have you spoken to a nutritionist? You wont find any that will tell you to replace your fruits with veggies, fruits are good for you, the sugars in them are good for you (not even CLOSE to the same thing as processed sugars). Don't replace your fruits with veggies, ADD veggies to your diet on TOP of the fruit. Replace other things, NOT fruit.

This is what I was trying to say. Don't you hate it when you post something, and realize that it wasn't quite what you meant?
Sharpie likes this.

No, I don't like plaid-- oh, you think that's weird because I am a "farmer", and farmers wear plaid-- well if you looked at my little dirt patch I call a garden, you would think twice
ryster2000 is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 425
• Horses: 2
I TRY to eat high fiber, high protien low fat low carb.

When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure. - Peter Marshall
http://tarpanbeadworks.deviantart.com/
Tarpan is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 2,431
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryster2000 View Post
This is what I was trying to say. Don't you hate it when you post something, and realize that it wasn't quite what you meant?
Good! I thought that must be it but some people will read something on the internet and jump on it before checking facts just wanted to make sure it was clarified!
alexischristina is offline  
post #16 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cariboo, British Columbia
Posts: 11,644
• Horses: 3
The sugar in fruits is not processed, so don't worry about that, your body has to work to process the sugar in them, get away from that Aitkins way of thinking.

I am not here to promote anythingNo, that's not true, I am here to promote everything equestrian and everyone enjoying horses!
waresbear is offline  
post #17 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,596
• Horses: 0
Whatever you do, when you are competeing, do not try to cut carbs! Other, less active and stressful times are the times to do that. Your body needs the quick acting carbs during competition!

Nancy
greentree is offline  
post #18 of 19 Old 01-11-2014, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington (no, not D.C.)
Posts: 145
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by waresbear View Post
The sugar in fruits is not processed, so don't worry about that, your body has to work to process the sugar in them, get away from that Aitkins way of thinking.
Sorry for the confusion of that second post, WB. We were actually just talking about that. I said it wrong, what I meant was: eat more veggies. I didn't mean for it come across as eat less fruit

No, I don't like plaid-- oh, you think that's weird because I am a "farmer", and farmers wear plaid-- well if you looked at my little dirt patch I call a garden, you would think twice
ryster2000 is offline  
post #19 of 19 Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cariboo, British Columbia
Posts: 11,644
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentree View Post
Whatever you do, when you are competeing, do not try to cut carbs! Other, less active and stressful times are the times to do that. Your body needs the quick acting carbs during competition!

Nancy
Yep. Cutting out carbs will put you into ketosis, which is not an energetic state. However, all carbs you consume should be in the form of whole grains and consume more protein than carbs. That is how to feed your muscles and keep energy levels fueled.

I am not here to promote anythingNo, that's not true, I am here to promote everything equestrian and everyone enjoying horses!
waresbear is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any reviews on nutrena perform?? Lucky1inKy Horse Health 3 10-02-2013 03:49 PM
SafeChoice Perform Feed ? NelBell Horse Nutrition 1 08-20-2013 06:39 PM
Buckeyes Perform'n Win Monty77 Horse Nutrition 1 04-25-2012 11:21 AM
How to perform Join up Noah13 Horse Training 3 10-31-2008 01:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome