Ex Race Horses - Page 4 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 04:01 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 412
• Horses: 10
I can see your point. But my concern now is for the mare she currently owns. WHY is he so thin if the owner has had him for a couple of years? Does she want this to happen to her current mare? I'm just seeing some red flags, and my instinct is saying NO!
TxHorseMom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 04:29 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hatton Vale, QLD, Australia
Posts: 5,227
• Horses: 7
i didnt think about it from the perspective of the swap. we dont really know what condition he was in though when these other people got him. two years isnt that long if the horse was in particularly bad condition. but we cant assume that so yeah maybe its a fair point when thinking about the mare going to them

"I whisper but my horse doesnt listen...So I yell!!...He still doesnt listen"


jazzyrider is offline  
post #33 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Warren, Arkansas
Posts: 1,251
• Horses: 0
Oh god, just forget it...I'm NOT getting him anyways! *sighs*

I will be trading Chava for a gelding though. And perhaps I got
my story mixed up, but oh well......ugh.

It's been awhile, but I'm back & back in the saddle!
Small_Town_Girl is offline  
post #34 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,004
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Town_Girl
Oh god, just forget it...I'm NOT getting him anyways! *sighs*

I will be trading Chava for a gelding though. And perhaps I got
my story mixed up, but oh well......ugh.
Don't get upset... :( You asked for opinions...we were just offering up everything we could think of so that you can make a good decision with all the points of view looked at.

Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

1 Chronicles 28:20








Dumas'_Grrrl is offline  
post #35 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Warren, Arkansas
Posts: 1,251
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumas'_Grrrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Town_Girl
Oh god, just forget it...I'm NOT getting him anyways! *sighs*

I will be trading Chava for a gelding though. And perhaps I got
my story mixed up, but oh well......ugh.
Don't get upset... :( You asked for opinions...we were just offering up everything we could think of so that you can make a good decision with all the points of view looked at.
I know I appreciate all the advice, I'm not upset...just frustrated
because I thought I found something good, I guess I'll have
to keep looking and the right gelding will come along.
:)

It's been awhile, but I'm back & back in the saddle!
Small_Town_Girl is offline  
post #36 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,004
• Horses: 0
You bet it will!!!! Patience and Time....Patience and Time

Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

1 Chronicles 28:20








Dumas'_Grrrl is offline  
post #37 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greenville area / SC
Posts: 13,165
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Town_Girl
I know I appreciate all the advice, I'm not upset...just frustrated
because I thought I found something good,
... and you may have. What you got on the forum is a lot of advise but we can't possibly know all the circumstances. This just may be the horse you've been looking for - just go into it with a critical attitude. Forget what he wants for his horse - offer him what you think he's worth but only after you do the proper inspection and called his vet.

If possible I would sell your horse outright but if you need to make a trade, do it with money coming your way not the other way around.

(Dumas, "Time and Patience" - it flows better (lol))

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why I'm right.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.


It's not always what you say but what they hear.
iridehorses is offline  
post #38 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: some where on my farm
Posts: 1,825
• Horses: 5
we like to bicker about thing's on here...lol...as for jazz...even if i buy a horse for $200 or less...(i've done that) i will not let a horse on my property if it is not checked by a vet first , you may never know what the horse is caring
KANSAS_TWISTER is offline  
post #39 of 45 Old 08-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 412
• Horses: 10
Have you tried selling your mare outright? That may be the better way to go. I have found that trading rarely (but not never) work out so that both parties are completely happy. That way you find the perfect home for her, and you can then get the perfect gelding for yourself. He may be the perfect gelding for you. I just wouldn't trade my horse and put her in that situation. I would still get a vet check though.
TxHorseMom is offline  
post #40 of 45 Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,004
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridehorses
[.

(Dumas, "Time and Patience" - it flows better (lol))
Duely noted

Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

1 Chronicles 28:20








Dumas'_Grrrl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome