Heh... a lot of slashes in there... sry.
Ok... so here's my question:
What is YOUR definition of an experienced/advanced rider/horseman/woman?
Here are a ten definitions that I've heard around:
1. You have to have some license or advanced training to be called experienced.
2. You have to have backed at least one horse.
3. You have to have worked with at least one rescue.
4. You have to be in top competitions.
5. You have to be able to talk fluently in "horse" to anyone and everyone, and understand exactly what people talk about all the time.
6. You have to have worked with many different kinds of horses.
7. You can control a stallion.
8. You can ride five crazy horses in one day without breaking a sweat. (isn't that impossible?)
9. You have completed every lesson with your local riding instructor at the top of your "class".
10. You've owned at least one horse for at least two years.
Now... I don't agree with most (or perhaps all) of these "definitions". So... I'd like to hear what you guys would call advanced or experienced. I'm not talking about being an all-around rider, or in one specific sport. Just... generally "advanced". I've seen a lot of things all over the internet saying that different horses need "experienced" riders... so I'm just wondering what you guys would define as "experienced". The question's above.