Have you noticed Admin is leaving? - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Have you noticed Admin is leaving?

This is a discussion on Have you noticed Admin is leaving? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree85Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-24-2013, 05:00 AM
      #31
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    There already is one. Guess sum folks don' unnerstand whut dem red squiggly lynes under dere werds mean!
    I don't get redlines and the spell checker doesnt work at all for me.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-24-2013, 09:38 AM
      #32
    Yearling
    Sad to see Mike go! I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but Horse Forum was recently acquired by VerticalScope:

    VerticalScope : Driven by Enthusiasts

    Hopefully things stay the same around here, HorseForum is really the only equestrian community where I truly feel comfortable being a part of. The people, the mods, it's such a positive environment and I have referred a handful of friends and barn friends here.

    Edit:

    I don't think it's been officially announced? Well the cat is out of the bag now! :)
    tinyliny and HorseLovinLady like this.
         
        03-25-2013, 09:30 AM
      #33
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    There already is one. Guess sum folks don' unnerstand whut dem red squiggly lynes under dere werds mean!

    Okay, a spell checker that you don't have to download anything onto your computer from internet explorer to get it to work.
         
        03-25-2013, 09:38 AM
      #34
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wetrain17    
    Okay, a spell checker that you don't have to download anything onto your computer from internet explorer to get it to work.
    Google Chrome automatically has a spell checker on everything I type. So depending which computer I use will depend on how well everything is spelled lol.

    I never interacted with the Admin but I sure have learned a lot from this site, maybe too much. And this forum is a heck of a lot nicer than any facebook group.
    nvr2many likes this.
         
        03-25-2013, 12:49 PM
      #35
    Administrator
    For sure..but my standards for brown-nosing are REALLY HIGH.;)

    ~ New Guy



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~    
    I noticed :( I'm just too sad that Mike is leaving us!!


    New guy - can we get bonus carrots for brown nosing ??
         
        03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
      #36
    Administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kayella    
    What if we already know who Yung is? Mike said some choices were obvious but they didn't have the skill to run the technical side. That doesn't necessarily rule out ALL of the mods, right? Just the obvious ones. And they made a new account under the name "Yungster" so as to not start any drama or anything. Or mayyybe I'm just reading into this too much.
    Hee hee.. I had a good laugh at this one. I assure you, I am not one of the "OLD" mods. I am a totally different and "NEW" person in every sense of the word..body, soul and spirit. :)
    Kayella likes this.
         
        03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
      #37
    Trained
    Hey there Yung! Who you calling "OLD"??!!
         
        03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
      #38
    Administrator
    Hi Alex,

    Thanks for your note. I've already explained in the other thread why I haven't had time to come on and introduce myself.

    As for the comment you made about having manners, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to ban you for saying that. In the same token, I respectfully disagree with your opinion. As you get to know me, you will know that I'm the kind of person who doesn't just do things because it's popular or because it's some kind of expected norm in society.

    Just because I haven't come in here and waxed poetically about how great of a job Mike did, it doesn't change the fact that 1) he did a great job and 2) he personally knows how I feel about the job he did.

    It's one of those ****ed-if-you-do and ****ed-if-you-don't-things. I've been in many situations where the "new guy" did exactly as you said and people reacted with, "oh look how fake this new guy is...he's just saying those words and yet he hasn't spent even a day here."

    Anyhow, I assure you that the last thing I would want to do as the "new guy" here is to intentionally upset anyone.


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexS    
    I am more than willing to give him a chance, however he is not doing anything to endear himself to me, so far. I am holding back, but I am not so far impressed. Wouldn't manners at least dictate that the new person in would say something about Mike? Most jobs have a hand over period, you are introduced to the new staff, you say something, anything. Mike has been a force here, he cared, he devoted his time away from his family, he had a massive sense of humor. I don't think it's asking too much for the new bot to say hi, to acknowledge Mike, that's just basic manners no?

    So I will likely be the first person banned, and I will take that. I am a person of manners, I think that's important. Jorg still has the chance to say something other than 'thanks for the welcome'. I am inviting him to say more - Tiny, surely you can see this. Jorg say something..... I think this is my third time inviting him to say something.

    I think we are all waiting to see how he will be, the third ask with no response might tell you all something.
         
        03-25-2013, 01:32 PM
      #39
    Green Broke
    I basically want the site to run well & not have too much drama. A place where questions are answered, advice given, & not too much Hate. & not too much "down" time-It's frustrating when we can't get online for some reason we don't understand.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    How to get noticed? NordicJuniper Horse Shows 11 04-05-2010 11:19 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0