Having to make a hard decision... May be selling my boy
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Having to make a hard decision... May be selling my boy

This is a discussion on Having to make a hard decision... May be selling my boy within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Hard decision selling pony
  • What is a hard decision for a boy to

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Samstead
  • 1 Post By Golden Horse

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-14-2012, 07:52 PM
  #1
Yearling
Having to make a hard decision... May be selling my boy

I found out the other night, I honestly don't have anything I can do with my colt until November. So I'm pretty much having to sell him, and it mashes me very sad. I won't have anywhere to keep him until November when I can afford board.

What I'm going to do is take the money I get from him and put it back to get another horse once I can afford board. I'm going to miss him because I know he's going to make a great horse. But he really isn't what I need anyway. As much as I'd love to have him as a trail horse, that's 2 years from now. I just can't wait that long really.

Anyway, what should I be thinking about between now and when I buy another horse? I wanna do it right this time and really get a horse that really clicks with me.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-15-2012, 01:49 AM
  #2
Yearling
Is it possile to lease him to somone until then and they keep him at their barn/ I'm not sure how that would work but it's an idea. I really hope you don't have to sell your horse!
Corporal likes this.
     
    05-15-2012, 10:57 AM
  #3
Yearling
I don't see why anyone would lease him because he's only a year, there's nothing anyone could do with him.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-15-2012, 11:33 AM
  #4
Green Broke
PLEASE try to lease him. Well trained horses available to ride during the peak of the season are hard to come by, judging by all of the "I got hurt _______" posts from newbies we keep getting.
When "Corporal" was 5yo, I had a money problem. He was the LEAST trained of my string and I gave him to a student who had just won a 3yo Arabian in a local contest, but her gelding wasn't broken yet. ONE YEAR LATER, I get a call from an interested buyer, who said the "Laura" told them to call ME about buying him. I called her, surprised, and she said that 2 horses were too expensive, and "did I want him back?"
Stranger things have happened.
     
    05-16-2012, 12:35 PM
  #5
Yearling
He isn't broke at all though? He's only a year old. Basically someone would be paying to look at a pretty horse
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
  #6
Trained
All I can say is good luck with your horse
     
    05-16-2012, 01:13 PM
  #7
Yearling
Thank you, I MAY have a place to keep him. But it would be a HUGE inconvenience to everyone. I don't know what to do!
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-16-2012, 01:24 PM
  #8
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMyDunnBoy    
I found out the other night, I honestly don't have anything I can do with my colt until November.
I don't understand this, what has changed? You must of known when you bought him that for a few years they just stand around looking pretty for most of the time?

If you want a trail horse NOW, well that's what you should have, so it makes sense to sell him and put the money towards what you really want.

I have spent all of this year soul searching and selling, my problem was to many horses, for all of the wrong reasons, so I have sold the ones that I wasn't using properly, and bought what I hope I need, and want......it hurts but all I can say is next time be very honest with yourself and buy what you really want.
themacpack likes this.
     
    05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
  #9
Yearling
What I meant by "I don't gave anything to do with him" is we are moving from my current house with 7 acres to an appartment. I was going to keep him at a friends, but that can't happen now. And I can't get a job and pay board until I get my lisence in November.
Posted via Mobile Device
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A hard decision Tayz Horse Talk 26 02-13-2012 04:59 AM
I need some advice. Very hard decision. gothicangel69 Horse Talk 5 10-16-2011 05:47 PM
A Hard Decision Phantom Legacy Horse Talk 9 10-17-2010 01:14 AM
Faced with a hard decision SorrelHorse Horse Talk 2 07-04-2010 11:06 PM
Having to make a hard decision soon-(vent) Sliding4ever Horse Talk 9 07-31-2008 01:30 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0