Helmet Decorations - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Helmet Decorations

This is a discussion on Helmet Decorations within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree12Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-16-2013, 07:21 PM
      #11
    Super Moderator
    Welcome to the Horse Forum!

    I have been wanting to jazz up my helmet too, so you have given me a few ideas. I plan to crochet up a nice cover for winter but haven't decided what to do with it otherwise.

    Cute goat...Nigerian?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-16-2013, 07:39 PM
      #12
    Yearling
    Cute, but I would be careful altering a riding helmet with paints.

    From the Troxel site under cleaning:

    Donít use solvents or chemicals to clean any part of the helmet, as they can destroy protective coatings and compromise the structural integrity of the helmet.
         
        10-16-2013, 07:42 PM
      #13
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EliRose    
    Wow, that's pretty cute! I've never decorated my helmets, but it looks fun. Although, I don't think you want to do a barrel roll while your riding
    I'm just going to apologize for my mix up of "your" and "you're" That's embarrassing!
         
        10-16-2013, 07:50 PM
      #14
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Gate Farm    
    Cute, but I would be careful altering a riding helmet with paints.

    From the Troxel site under cleaning:

    Donít use solvents or chemicals to clean any part of the helmet, as they can destroy protective coatings and compromise the structural integrity of the helmet.
    That's the #1 reason why I haven't painted the annoyingly white extra helmet that I have lying around for guest use. My guess is that the helmet would be absolutely fine with a mild paint if nothing even touched the inner parts, but it's not something I would do without knowing it's ok.
    xlionesss likes this.
         
        10-16-2013, 08:46 PM
      #15
    Green Broke
    Welcome to the forum, and very clever artwork! Where in our Great Lakes State are you from?
         
        10-17-2013, 09:02 AM
      #16
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lockwood    
    Welcome to the Horse Forum!

    I have been wanting to jazz up my helmet too, so you have given me a few ideas. I plan to crochet up a nice cover for winter but haven't decided what to do with it otherwise.

    Cute goat...Nigerian?
    Sweet! If you add some bling to your helmet, please post pictures

    And yes, that is a Nigerian Dwarf! Good eye! No horses to post in an avatar (unless I take a picture of the horse I am getting lessons on), so a picture of one of my goats works well!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Northernstar    
    Welcome to the forum, and very clever artwork! Where in our Great Lakes State are you from?
    Between Iron Mountain and Escanaba! :)
         
        10-17-2013, 09:41 AM
      #17
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yooper    
    Sweet! If you add some bling to your helmet, please post pictures

    And yes, that is a Nigerian Dwarf! Good eye! No horses to post in an avatar (unless I take a picture of the horse I am getting lessons on), so a picture of one of my goats works well!


    I will, if I have time to make something.
    Thanks, I have a few Nigerians for fun as well as Oberhaslis.... micro dairy.
         
        10-17-2013, 09:08 PM
      #18
    Green Broke
    Beautiful area you live in, Yooper - I know it well! Your goat makes a darling avatar, btw :)
         
        10-19-2013, 04:42 PM
      #19
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Northernstar    
    Beautiful area you live in, Yooper - I know it well! Your goat makes a darling avatar, btw :)
    It is a beautiful area, I love it up here! Finding a job that isn't in the medical industry or trucking can be a little tricky, but it is still awesome here. I'm not a native to the UP, followed my older sister up here, and have decided to stay! I guess I'm one of the few young folks who have moved to the UP, rather than from.

    Is there a thread on the forum for Michiganders? I know some other forums I am on have state/province/territories/countries, etc. so they can connect with each other? Considering I'm not in the loop of anything horse outside my friend with horses and the person I am getting lessons from, knowing more about folks in the state could be useful! Especially trainers in Michigan, since they can be so hit or miss when it comes to finding a great one! I may eventually require the services of one.
         
        10-20-2013, 06:44 PM
      #20
    Green Broke
    First of all, do not consider yourself out of the loop in the horse world - there are many I've seen here over time who simply have friends with horses and/or take lessons! Often less than that - just a love for horses :) I've not seen a threat specific to states, but I can share a few members who are Michiganders off the top of my head - (forgive me guys if I spell your usernames incorrectly) DimSum, ClaPorte, New_Image, QuietHeartHorses,....I know there's a few more but can't think of them (long day w/winter prep!) Anyway, just feel at home here, and enjoy! :)
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Haflinger decorations? Lilley Draft Horses 0 01-09-2012 08:43 PM
    Is it possible for Decorations to be TOO good? NorthernMama Jokes and Funnies 5 12-19-2009 11:38 PM
    door decorations! farmpony84 General Off Topic Discussion 7 12-04-2008 03:36 PM
    Halloween decorations houses etc. Post here. My2Geldings General Off Topic Discussion 12 10-05-2008 05:06 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0