This is my first post on this forum but I need some ideas!
I have a 12hh newforest x and he is the cheekiest pony ever existing, he is 5 years old. Recently he has become increasingly naughtier to catch until he took his head collar off it was still achievable.
Last time he took his headcollar off it took us around 2 months to catch him again. Believe me I have tried everything I can possible think of . We have tried
- slowly gaining trust with him by trying to touch him and then walking away when he allows us too and gradually increasing this,
- creeping up on him with his head in a bucket and hiding the headcollar (as if he doesnt know ),
- Putting him in a small area to try and catch him - he just jumps out!
- chasing him round the field - this was a REALLY bad idea he just thought it was a big game!
- sitting on the floor and playing the waiting game till he comes over and you can slip his headcollar on.
Please help me