Here are my options, help please! :( - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Here are my options, help please! :(

This is a discussion on Here are my options, help please! :( within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree9Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-25-2012, 09:47 PM
      #11
    Yearling
    Well hete's how my situation with him is, I can afford his care as far as feed and all that, any emergency vet expenses my grandpa will take care of and I pay him back. He would pay for it if I asked, but I don't want to do that if I can work and pay it myself. We are also in the middle if moving which sucks up the extra money. I'm getting a job starting this summer until school starts, then again when I get my lisence in about January probably. Then I will take over all of his expenses as well as board him. But I won't have my "summer job" until maybe late June, and I'm moving in a week.

    And thanks Sky :) I'm defiantly going to do my best, I thought I was being a little unreasonable about the price, and that's why she offered so low.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-25-2012, 10:03 PM
      #12
    Trained
    Good luck with what you decide
    I am sorry this is stressful for you and your family
         
        05-25-2012, 10:11 PM
      #13
    Yearling
    Thank you, I wish I had more time. There's just too much going on, he's my stress reliever but also a sress causer in ways.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        05-25-2012, 10:45 PM
      #14
    Started
    If his testicles are not descended into the scrotum, this will be a more expensive surgery, they may have to go into the belly to find the testicles. Most of the time, they go home the same day, unless it is a very hard surgery, then the vet might want to keep him.
    But, this surgery for retained testicles WILL cost quite a bit more than a regular gelding, this might change your thinking process.
         
        05-25-2012, 10:55 PM
      #15
    Foal
    LOL that is how they all are... stress relievers and stress causers. But they are sooo worth it. I think you are doing the right thing by keeping him and getting him gelded. You have put alot of time and effort into making him into a good horse and it sounds to me like you are well on your way. I know what its like to be short on cash and don't think anyone should be judged on that aspect. Yeah I mean if you can't afford feed and regular maintenance that is one thing. But.... to be concerned about cost of vet services is completely normal. I mean we all want to save money and you are right in the middle of a move and have ways to cover vet fees. So it sounds to me like you are on the right track and making every effort to do right by your horse in your current situation. I wish you all the best. And keep us updated on how everything works out.
         
        05-25-2012, 11:12 PM
      #16
    Yearling
    Wyominggrandma, well if I were to keep him in with this mare until his testicals do descend? And as soom as they do geld him?
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        05-25-2012, 11:22 PM
      #17
    Started
    Your friends offer may not be that lowballconsidering she has to worry about the gelding. It could be a regular gelding but if he doesn't drop you are looking at bill likely upward of $500.
    Despite him not being dropped I would not be keeping around any mares.
    themacpack likes this.
         
        05-25-2012, 11:31 PM
      #18
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by churumbeque    
    What sticks in my mind most about your situation is that you do not have the money to geld him. If money is that tight I don't think you should own a horse. There are lots of other expenses with a horse and getting one gelded is a small one in the whole picture.

    This was my thought exactly. To me, 200 is dirt cheap. It's insultingly cheap, to me. With training, he could be under saddle in about 18 months. That's nothing .
    Skyseternalangel likes this.
         
        05-25-2012, 11:32 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    Hmm... I'm not sure what to do :( but I can't talk about it right now, I can't even deal with the thought of my bestfriend leaving me... All my "human friends" are already acting like they want nothing to do with nme.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        05-25-2012, 11:36 PM
      #20
    Yearling
    I've already explained the situation. I don't need to hear the same thing again. Especially with how I'm already feeling about most likley having to sell the only thing that keeos me sane at moments like this.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Options BarrelRacer86 Horse Talk 5 12-26-2010 03:01 PM
    Please help me with my bit options! BigBenny Horse Tack and Equipment 3 07-10-2010 11:32 AM
    Options? wishingforahorse Horse Talk 5 02-01-2010 02:58 PM
    So many options! Whipple English Riding 7 02-24-2009 11:06 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0