Here's your sign "STUPID"
I was thinking about some of the really embarrassing, stupid things I used to think where correct before I got horses. Thought I'd list a couple. Anyone have any others?
I used to believe:
1. Full seat breeches were for people with big butts
2. Gaited horses where horses that could open gates
3. A girth and a cinch were the same thing. (cinch=western girth=english)They both hold the saddle on but in different ways
4. Ground tieing meant tying your horse to a rock or log on the ground.
5. Owning a horse just involved buying a horse, sticking it out in the pasture, standing back and saying " oh how pretty"
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened..."
- Anatole France