Horse College
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse College

This is a discussion on Horse College within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Well known equine degrees

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-06-2012, 06:12 PM
  #1
Foal
Horse College

I am wanting to become a Thereaputic Riding Instructor. What college is the best for that? And one where I can take my horse?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
  #2
Green Broke
I don't think there is a collage for that, since it is usualy a volenteer position. Look inot the P.A.T.H. Program.
     
    03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
  #3
Yearling
I'm looking for a college that also has equine studies. I know Cazenovia College, Murray State University, Averett University, Meredith Manor, and Centenary College all offer well known equine degrees and programs that allow you to bring your horse as well. I know one of them has therapeutic riding but I can't remember which one... I'd check them all out!
     
    03-06-2012, 06:19 PM
  #4
Trained
Try a business degree. You can learn all you need about leading horses in circles by volunteering but if you want to make a business work you need business education.
     
    03-06-2012, 06:22 PM
  #5
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjump    
I'm looking for a college that also has equine studies. I know Cazenovia College, Murray State University, Averett University, Meredith Manor, and Centenary College all offer well known equine degrees and programs that allow you to bring your horse as well. I know one of them has therapeutic riding but I can't remember which one... I'd check them all out!

I don't sugest Meredith Manor. It's exspencive and a lot of people have had BAD problems there. Just do a search here and you will find some threads about it. I don't know any thing about the other ones.

I'm going to what my mom calls horsey boot camp. I'll be in extream training for a year. 6 months here in Ocala, then 6 months in London, Canada.
     
    03-06-2012, 06:28 PM
  #6
Yearling
I would think you would want to take classes on working with the disabled and business classes.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-06-2012, 06:33 PM
  #7
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhorsesonador    
I don't sugest Meredith Manor. It's exspencive and a lot of people have had BAD problems there. Just do a search here and you will find some threads about it. I don't know any thing about the other ones.

I'm going to what my mom calls horsey boot camp. I'll be in extream training for a year. 6 months here in Ocala, then 6 months in London, Canada.
Yeah, I've read them, but I know of 2 people that go there and just LOVE it. I think it all just depends on the person! The other ones I suggested are fantastic with really well known programs
     
    03-06-2012, 06:36 PM
  #8
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjump    
Yeah, I've read them, but I know of 2 people that go there and just LOVE it. I think it all just depends on the person! The other ones I suggested are fantastic with really well known programs
Mostly the problem is that it's exspencive, the dorms are terrible and if you hate it and want to drop out, it's impossible to get your money back.
     
    03-06-2012, 06:39 PM
  #9
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhorsesonador    
Mostly the problem is that it's exspencive, the dorms are terrible and if you hate it and want to drop out, it's impossible to get your money back.
Exactly! I was looking at it and loved it until I saw the living conditions... I consider myself really really low maintenance and can put up with bad conditions, but living in a bus? Like, a school bus? That was just pretty odd to me. I just think it takes a certain person to really have the drive to go through the program. :)
     
    03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
  #10
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjump    
Exactly! I was looking at it and loved it until I saw the living conditions... I consider myself really really low maintenance and can put up with bad conditions, but living in a bus? Like, a school bus? That was just pretty odd to me. I just think it takes a certain person to really have the drive to go through the program. :)
Yup school bus or crates like the kind they use on cargo ships.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fundraising to take my horse to college? kbb02410 Horse Talk 4 07-08-2011 12:49 PM
Horse in college? hillree Horses for Sale 5 01-13-2011 06:58 PM
horse college AllyKatSki1 Horse Talk 13 11-30-2008 12:17 AM
horse and college? SonnyWimps Horse Talk 12 05-14-2008 02:16 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0