Horse/Poodle **Crafty People HELP**
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse/Poodle **Crafty People HELP**

This is a discussion on Horse/Poodle **Crafty People HELP** within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Ake poodle costume for horse
  • How to make a tail for poodle costume

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-09-2012, 12:05 AM
  #1
Weanling
Cool Horse/Poodle **Crafty People HELP**

So I've been brain storming ideas for costume classes this year and while searching YouTube I came across this.


I have no idea what I'd use for the horse's feet, ears or poof. Although Molly has a long forelock so I might just put it back and hair spray it, and elastic it to her mane.

Here's the mare that will be putting up with all this.


; by Rebel.Cowgirl, on Flickr
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-09-2012, 12:09 AM
  #2
Trained
Looks like fun to me
     
    01-09-2012, 12:18 AM
  #3
Showing
That is flippin' adorable! Depending on how tolerant your mare is, you could make the puffy parts for the legs out of craft foam or quilt batting wrapped in really big, black polos or with black fabric with elastic at the top and bottom.
     
    01-09-2012, 12:27 AM
  #4
Trained
Looks like a sewing project! The head poof and ears all probably all one piece with a throatlatch and holes for the real ears to go through. The shape of the poof can be done with sewing together a few pieces shaped like this: () and then fill it with your choice. Keeping in mind the weather.

Tail Poof: Maybe made a cylindrical bag with a cardboard circle inserted at the bottom and then filled it with the horse's tail. How to attach though is another question... elastics? Clips? Maybe the pink bow could be helpful there.

I'm totally lost on the foot poofs though. Best I can gather up is thick foam vet wrapped on and then covered with presewn fabric held closed with velcro. The foam would have to be slit to allow for the curvature. Foam might be rather hot on the legs though. I guess if its only for a few minutes it wouldn't be bad, but I don't think I want to have it on for hours.
     
    01-09-2012, 12:30 AM
  #5
Trained
Funny how this just happens to show up after I posted it for someone else asking about costumes.......Hmmmm.

Anyway, I think if you google, there was an article from the local newspaper (florida, I believe) that interviewed the lady and she said how she did it.
     
    01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
  #6
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum    
That is flippin' adorable! Depending on how tolerant your mare is, you could make the puffy parts for the legs out of craft foam or quilt batting wrapped in really big, black polos or with black fabric with elastic at the top and bottom.
She's pretty bomb proof, and the worst she'll do is glare at me. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernMama    
Looks like a sewing project! The head poof and ears all probably all one piece with a throatlatch and holes for the real ears to go through. The shape of the poof can be done with sewing together a few pieces shaped like this: () and then fill it with your choice. Keeping in mind the weather.

Tail Poof: Maybe made a cylindrical bag with a cardboard circle inserted at the bottom and then filled it with the horse's tail. How to attach though is another question... elastics? Clips? Maybe the pink bow could be helpful there.

I'm totally lost on the foot poofs though. Best I can gather up is thick foam vet wrapped on and then covered with presewn fabric held closed with velcro. The foam would have to be slit to allow for the curvature. Foam might be rather hot on the legs though. I guess if its only for a few minutes it wouldn't be bad, but I don't think I want to have it on for hours.
Thanks, I'm having my Aunt do it for me I just need to pay for the fabric and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans    
Funny how this just happens to show up after I posted it for someone else asking about costumes.......Hmmmm.

Anyway, I think if you google, there was an article from the local newspaper (florida, I believe) that interviewed the lady and she said how she did it.
Really? I searched 'horse costume parade' and 'horse costume class' and it was like the third one down. They have some really nice costume on YouTube to look at; I was surprised.
Ok, thank you!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crafty new saddle pad and browband pic cakemom Horse Tack and Equipment 5 12-28-2011 05:01 PM
Some horse show crafty things, pics cakemom Horse Talk 11 10-24-2011 12:03 AM
Poodle Ponies?! Spastic_Dove Jokes and Funnies 13 10-17-2009 03:22 PM
How to make the horse willing and why do people react as if the horse just hate them? Zab Horse Training 22 08-26-2009 10:47 PM
Parelli people, or people interested in it..... Spirithorse Horse Training 6 01-08-2008 09:23 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0