Horse Slaughter - The Horse Forum
 281Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 10
• Horses: 0
Horse Slaughter

Hi all!

I received an interesting e-mail today r, but project aside; I would like to focus on this e-mail for a second. It simply proves the ignorance of many in today's society.

"Hi, I do not want this to come off as being rude but I cannot understand why you say the horror of slaughter. Do you think that we are improving the quality of horses lives by keeping them from being humanely killed for meat and hides. Do you realize that because of the ban on horse slaughter not only have over 1000 jobs been lost in the US but horses are being left to starve, and are being shot or left to die on farms and ranches all over the county. What are ranchers to do with elderly/sick, or horses they can no longer afford to feed which has happened all over the country. Not to mention the cost of local and federal governments having to deal with neglected horses. If you truly care about horses welfare you would want to reinstate the horse kill." - Mark Coxon

Now realize please that this project is simply a photography book that I am putting together focusing on the beauty, innocence, and gentleness of these impressive animals. 100% of any proceeds made from the book will be going directly to organizations such as Canter USA and New Vocations to help ensure humane treatment to horses. Out of the blue I get a message like this. Awful! Anyway, thank you for listening to my rant! Hopefully getting it out there will help release some of the anger that quickly ensued after reading this.

Last edited by SouthernTrails; 02-07-2013 at 07:00 AM.
daviskryan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Desert from Hell, CA.
Posts: 1,377
• Horses: 5
I get that you feel the email was awful, and that it may have been "out of place" for this person to rant at you but...

if I'm reading right, they have a few points there. Perhaps they are just angry about the suffering caused to the animals? *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth, the Goblin King
I move the stars for no one.
RIP Pumpkin: 2012-8/26/13
demonwolfmoon is offline  
post #3 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 796
• Horses: 1
JUST SO YOU KNOW

Alot of people on this thread are pro horse slaughter.

-CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horse View Post
Well you know what they say, whatever you want to do there's an App for that
MissColors is offline  
post #4 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 9,420
• Horses: 1
I completely agree with the person who sent the email. There are worse deaths than slaughter, starvation, neglect, abandonment would be some.
AlexS is offline  
post #5 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 10
• Horses: 0
Hmmm, seriously? Please explain why one would be pro-horse slaughter?
RockyTrails likes this.
daviskryan is offline  
post #6 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bronson, Florida
Posts: 725
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviskryan View Post
I would like to focus on this e-mail for a second. It simply proves the ignorance of many in today's society.
LOL Oh my ... now THAT is priceless
BBBCrone is offline  
post #7 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 10
• Horses: 0
I do agree, starvation, neglect, etc is JUST as disgusting and incredibly disheartening. That being said, I find no advantage to horse slaughter. It too is inhumane.
Druydess and HorseLovinLady like this.
daviskryan is offline  
post #8 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 10
• Horses: 0
Please check this out and tell me slaughter is humane...
kelseyxroxy and RockyTrails like this.
daviskryan is offline  
post #9 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bronson, Florida
Posts: 725
• Horses: 1
Starvation is disheartening? Do you have a CLUE as to how painful that is? Any at all? What is does to the body? Do a google search because I am not going to provide that education for you. If you do nothing else, take a look at the images tab to get a good eye full. It is not remotely even close to the word "disheartening".

Before you start throwing the word inhumane around, take a good hard look.
BBBCrone is offline  
post #10 of 115 Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Desert from Hell, CA.
Posts: 1,377
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBCrone View Post
Starvation is disheartening? Do you have a CLUE as to how painful that is? Any at all? What is does to the body? Do a google search because I am not going to provide that education for you. If you do nothing else, take a look at the images tab to get a good eye full. It is not remotely even close to the word "disheartening".

Before you start throwing the word inhumane around, take a good hard look.
This. Imagine a slow and horrid death. Think prolonged.

People have been known to dump injured, dying horses, even on other people's property. There was a thread a little while back from Endiku...someone dumped a broken legged, dying, lice covered, sore covered, miserable mini stallion on her property...cutting fence wires to do it.

Go look at those pictures, and tell me that THE TIME and suffering it took to get there was preferable over a quick death? IMO, I know which I'd pick for myself....

Here it is: Severe stunting- can she ever be normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth, the Goblin King
I move the stars for no one.
RIP Pumpkin: 2012-8/26/13

Last edited by demonwolfmoon; 02-06-2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: linky link
demonwolfmoon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horse Slaughter: For or Against it? BornToRun Horse Talk 31 11-14-2011 11:00 PM
Horse Slaughter Michael Horse Protection 6 05-26-2011 03:33 PM
And you think horse slaughter is bad... MacabreMikolaj Horse Protection 90 11-24-2010 04:00 PM
Horse slaughter..?? ShadowSpazzz Horse Health 34 08-19-2010 09:07 PM
HELP! new horse from slaughter MeganMafia Horse Health 7 06-16-2009 06:20 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome