Horse talk for mature people over 40 - Page 298
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse talk for mature people over 40

This is a discussion on Horse talk for mature people over 40 within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree56241Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-28-2012, 12:49 AM
      #2971
    Trained
    I was just thinking could I use a bareback pad with stirrups for the time being
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-28-2012, 12:51 AM
      #2972
    Trained
    WithGrace congratulations with Kestrel
         
        05-28-2012, 01:02 AM
      #2973
    Yearling
    Thanks CW!
         
        05-28-2012, 01:09 AM
      #2974
    Trained
    Your welcome With Grace
         
        05-28-2012, 03:15 AM
      #2975
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hunter65    
    wow Dee sounds like a good lesson for your daughter. Glad she got on and rode though.

    I got out to the barn today. Looked in hunters paddock not there, looked in field, not there. Started to panic went into barn and he was in there by himself.

    Texted BO why pony in barn, well apparently when I left him the field yesterday he snuck out under a gate decimated the hay shed and was caught by neighbors down the street. Thank goodness as there are 2 busy streets on either end of ours. Go him back put him in paddock, in the night he escaped yet again and was found in the hay shed. He is one smart pony and crafty as can be. Sheesh.
    Now who is the dumb animal. Can't even contain a horse. Hahahah

    A friend of ours horse when tied will work on the rope until it has undone the knot, then stand and wait and mayby move a yard or two. Just to demonstrate If I wanted to go I could. Horse, a much under estermated animal.
         
        05-28-2012, 09:29 AM
      #2976
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stan    
    Now who is the dumb animal. Can't even contain a horse. Hahahah

    A friend of ours horse when tied will work on the rope until it has undone the knot, then stand and wait and mayby move a yard or two. Just to demonstrate If I wanted to go I could. Horse, a much under estermated animal.

    Hahaha Hunter unties himself all the time.
         
        05-28-2012, 12:23 PM
      #2977
    Weanling
    Hi all, havn't been on much this week, been licking my wounds and feeling stupid and sorry for myself.

    The week started great, (monday) I went to the barn lunged my horse and waited for my "trainer" (same guy who was "selling" me the horse.) to come to the arena. Lunging went great, he's a quick learner, he is green broke btw, didn't even know a mounting block or arena until I introduced it to him.

    The trainer rode him for me (I told him sale would be final upon seeing that he's at least broke to saddle. And yes I did leave a deposit.) Everything was beautiful, super well behaved, I had to walk next to the trainer because Valentino kept looking for me and trying to stop.

    I brought him in, gave him a quick bath, put him in his stall, pulled out cash and told the "trainer" "I gave you $200, balance owing is 1300$, here you go." He said to me "OOOH nooo I said $15000 not $1500, that doesnt even cover his breeding fee!" I told him no way. 3 min later he said "i'll drop the price to 12k, best I can do, I don't want to break your heart I see how attached you two got already" Told him no, I refuse to pay 12k for a green broke paperless horse when he had told me $1500. Told me that I must have misheard him.......

    He is a purebred Thoroughbred gelding, no papers, green broke, I asked him 3 times when he was brought in $1500!? Yes he's going cheap said the trainer $1500, and when asked why so cheap, "he knows nothing" said the trainer.

    He is being kicked out of the barn as trainer and caregiver and the BO is taking over, the horse was bred and raised by his brother (brother has both parents, so no breeding fee involved), he has nowhere to go (the trainer) except to one of his brothers that will give him a roof over his head. So because of him getting booted, the "trainer" tried to milk me for $$ thinking because im so attached already and so is tino, I would fork over 15k eyes closed.

    I hate HATE people that try to take advantage of others, I was sick to my stomach for days after. I had someone with me who heard the same $$ quoted that I did, i'm not losing my marbles just yet lol. Made a mental note to get it in writing next time.....less chance of getting a broken heart and screwed that way. And there is the sad ending to my horrid week.

    Time to horse shop again.....le sigh..
         
        05-28-2012, 12:45 PM
      #2978
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fahntasia    
    Hi all, havn't been on much this week, been licking my wounds and feeling stupid and sorry for myself.

    The week started great, (monday) I went to the barn lunged my horse and waited for my "trainer" (same guy who was "selling" me the horse.) to come to the arena. Lunging went great, he's a quick learner, he is green broke btw, didn't even know a mounting block or arena until I introduced it to him.

    The trainer rode him for me (I told him sale would be final upon seeing that he's at least broke to saddle. And yes I did leave a deposit.) Everything was beautiful, super well behaved, I had to walk next to the trainer because Valentino kept looking for me and trying to stop.

    I brought him in, gave him a quick bath, put him in his stall, pulled out cash and told the "trainer" "I gave you $200, balance owing is 1300$, here you go." He said to me "OOOH nooo I said $15000 not $1500, that doesnt even cover his breeding fee!" I told him no way. 3 min later he said "i'll drop the price to 12k, best I can do, I don't want to break your heart I see how attached you two got already" Told him no, I refuse to pay 12k for a green broke paperless horse when he had told me $1500. Told me that I must have misheard him.......

    He is a purebred Thoroughbred gelding, no papers, green broke, I asked him 3 times when he was brought in $1500!? Yes he's going cheap said the trainer $1500, and when asked why so cheap, "he knows nothing" said the trainer.

    He is being kicked out of the barn as trainer and caregiver and the BO is taking over, the horse was bred and raised by his brother (brother has both parents, so no breeding fee involved), he has nowhere to go (the trainer) except to one of his brothers that will give him a roof over his head. So because of him getting booted, the "trainer" tried to milk me for $$ thinking because im so attached already and so is tino, I would fork over 15k eyes closed.

    I hate HATE people that try to take advantage of others, I was sick to my stomach for days after. I had someone with me who heard the same $$ quoted that I did, i'm not losing my marbles just yet lol. Made a mental note to get it in writing next time.....less chance of getting a broken heart and screwed that way. And there is the sad ending to my horrid week.

    Time to horse shop again.....le sigh..

    Oh no! Sorry to hear about this, especially when you were starting to bond. Some people make me just shake my head.
         
        05-28-2012, 02:33 PM
      #2979
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Country Woman    
    I was just thinking could I use a bareback pad with stirrups for the time being
    I wouldn't recommend ever using a bareback pad with stirrups. They tend to give the rider a false sense of security. Better to use one without stirrups in my opinion.
    texasgal likes this.
         
        05-28-2012, 02:53 PM
      #2980
    Trained
    Good morning everyone
    Hope all is well
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0