Horse talk for mature people over 40 - Page 299
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse talk for mature people over 40

This is a discussion on Horse talk for mature people over 40 within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Fahntasia 200

Like Tree43852Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-28-2012, 01:54 PM
  #2981
Trained
No news on the saddle
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-28-2012, 07:06 PM
  #2982
Yearling
Fahntasia- Im sitting here jaw dropped after reading your post. Im so angry for you, what a horrible person to try and take advantage of you. A 15k green broke TB? I would have laughed out loud if I werent so stunned! You must be heartbroken, Im so sorry this has happened. I do believe he quoted you 1500 from the beginning, because no one takes only 200 deposit on a 15k horse. Did you get your deposit back???
     
    05-28-2012, 07:12 PM
  #2983
Foal
Stan and Grace....Thank you! I really needed to hear all that you both said. I work at a rescue and have seen so many horses. But never have I had such a strong feeling of wanting a horse to be mine as I did with this guy. My instinct is telling me don't hesitate. It's funny you said consider taking both of them Stan. I wouldn't have considered it when we were there, but my husband is now of the mindset that he wants the gelding to be his, and I will be able to make the mare come around and be the horse I want her to be. We went back to this woman's farm this morning to see them and pleaded with her to hold off on advertising because we think we're going to do it. We brought over a few bales of hay and horse treats to help her get through another week to feed them. The mare was still the same...very nervous to the point I was afraid to approach her. The gelding was as sweet as he was the first time we saw him. We have an appointment with my instructor Thursday morning to go back and see them. I am going to ride the gelding. If she gives us even a little thumbs up, we will schedule a vet check, and if that goes well, we will seal the deal. I know there will be issues, such as the gelding with ulcers, and who knows what else may come up as these animals have gone hungry and probably without vet/dental care for some time. I guess I'll become a horse owner much sooner than I ever planned. I think it is meant to be, Grace!
Stan and With Grace like this.
     
    05-28-2012, 07:30 PM
  #2984
Foal
Fahntasia...I am so sad to read about what happened to you. He really expected you to hand over that additional amount because you loved the horse. What if he comes back and agrees to his original offering? No one is going to pay that kind of money for this horse and he knows it. He will come crawling back, my prediction.

Grace, so happy to hear of yet another success with your new girl. Riding at a half halt with this gelding we want, I was told by his owner is necessary for his riders to know. It confuses the heck out of me what this even is, since I have only learned Western. My instructor said it sounds confusing, but once you actually try it, it makes much more sense, and it takes a lot of practice, and concentration, to get it right.
     
    05-28-2012, 08:34 PM
  #2985
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by With Grace    
Fahntasia- Im sitting here jaw dropped after reading your post. Im so angry for you, what a horrible person to try and take advantage of you. A 15k green broke TB? I would have laughed out loud if I werent so stunned! You must be heartbroken, Im so sorry this has happened. I do believe he quoted you 1500 from the beginning, because no one takes only 200 deposit on a 15k horse. Did you get your deposit back???
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheWoods02114    
Fahntasia...I am so sad to read about what happened to you. He really expected you to hand over that additional amount because you loved the horse. What if he comes back and agrees to his original offering? No one is going to pay that kind of money for this horse and he knows it. He will come crawling back, my prediction.
Grace: I was so stunned when I realized no way was I getting him, that I couldn't even argue with him. He took the heart right out of me.

I was thinking the same about the deposit, if he was in reality a $15000 horse I would have left 2k as a deposit not 200$....Yes I got the deposit back, but the week I spent on tino breaks my heart that it just wasn't meant to be. The money I spent buying things for him doesn't matter, i'll use it one day. This incident made me wiser that's for sure!

Glad to hear Kestrel is doing great, so glad for you, don't worry about being a mama hen about her it's normal =)

Lost: He did expect it, I think I kind of shocked him with my immediate "no way am I paying 15k for a green broke paperless horse" comment. If he would call me tomorrow with the original price I would take tino in a heartbeat, he really wormed his way into my heart fast, never has happened before.

Did your instructer explain to you what a "half halt" is? It sounds harder then it actually is and is great for getting your mount collected and balanced, it's like a little check up "hey im about to ask you for something" or a "hey remember what we are doing" keeps the rider from being a "passenger" and more of a partnership. Here's a linky: How to Perform a Half-Halt good luck with the horses, the gelding sounds a dream, and i'm sure the mare will warm up soon, they always seem to take a little longer
     
    05-28-2012, 09:18 PM
  #2986
Trained
Did the owner think this horse was a Triple Crown winner lol
With Grace likes this.
     
    05-28-2012, 09:20 PM
  #2987
Weanling
Is there a thread like this for people in their 20's ? :)
     
    05-28-2012, 09:44 PM
  #2988
Foal
I'm fairly new here and not sure, but I wonder if most of the rest of the horseforum is for people in their 20's? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas    
Is there a thread like this for people in their 20's ? :)
With Grace likes this.
     
    05-28-2012, 09:51 PM
  #2989
Foal
Fahntasia...I'm so sorry for your disappointment. I can totally understand it. I want this gelding so badly and if for some reason it isn't meant to be, I'm going to be crushed because like you, there have been very few horses I've come across yet where I feel like "this horse is the one for me". It is so hard when you have your heart set on something like this. I still think that guy is going to come back to you. He is testing you, wants to see how far he can get, I bet. Thank you for the explanation on the half halt. My teacher told me just that...it's much easier to do and sounds a lot harder than it is. Sounds like it will be a lot for me to coordinate The mare I'm concerned about. She scares me. My husband does not want to separate them, and he is right. It would be traumatizing for them to leave their home and separate from each other. The gelding might not be the same horse if he has to leave his love, and his home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahntasia    
Lost: He did expect it, I think I kind of shocked him with my immediate "no way am I paying 15k for a green broke paperless horse" comment. If he would call me tomorrow with the original price I would take tino in a heartbeat, he really wormed his way into my heart fast, never has happened before.

Did your instructer explain to you what a "half halt" is? It sounds harder then it actually is and is great for getting your mount collected and balanced, it's like a little check up "hey im about to ask you for something" or a "hey remember what we are doing" keeps the rider from being a "passenger" and more of a partnership. Here's a linky: How to Perform a Half-Halt good luck with the horses, the gelding sounds a dream, and i'm sure the mare will warm up soon, they always seem to take a little longer
     
    05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
  #2990
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas    
Is there a thread like this for people in their 20's ? :)
Several of them have been started, but don't stay going for long...here's the latest, maybe you can keep it going!
20 somethings?
     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0