Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Ontario, NY, USA
• Horses: 0
I very sadly came to the decision this week that I can't have Ruby. :( For those new here, my RI thought we would be a good match, she is one of his clients horses, and wondered if I would be interested in her. She is a beautiful Paint Mare, and very sweet.
I went and talked to Josh(RI) yesterday, and told him that I just don't think I am ready to buy a horse yet. The owner is not in any hurry to sell, but wants to sell rather than lease. She is asking $3,500.00 for Ruby, and while I think she is well worth it, I just can't do it right now. It makes me nervous to think of buying a horse when I've really only been riding for not quite 3 months. I also work just part time, and can swing leasing right now, but not owning plus boarding.
Josh was great about it, and told me that he may decide to buy Ruby. If he does, she will be my lesson horse, and you never know! ;) Good news is, starting next week, I will be helping him in the mornings, and be around all 14 of his horses several times a week! He is so encouraging and really made me feel better about the whole thing.