Horse talk for mature people over 40 - Page 36
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse talk for mature people over 40

This is a discussion on Horse talk for mature people over 40 within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Powered by vBulletin women turning 40

Like Tree52461Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
  #351
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernstar    
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Best of luck also with your new mare! :)
Thanks, Northernstar...I live in Ohio and I have heard so many nice things about Northern Michigan. I had been looking at places to vacation there with my family in the summer...any particular places you recommend?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
  #352
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis72    
Hello Everyone,
Waited for today to post cause I am 40 today!! Just got my first horse about three weeks ago!! After my mom passed away in May I realized life is just to short and I MUST follow my passion.....horses!! I had ridden on and off but had not been even near a horse for about 20 yrs. Started taking lessons again about six months ago and here I am the proud owner of a beautiful 14 yr old Quarter Horse mare. She is SO calm and sweet and just even being near her is SO relaxing. As a mom of two and working part-time my time with her is MUCH needed
Happy Birthday and congrats on your new girl! What a wonderful 40th you are having already!!
     
    02-20-2012, 06:11 PM
  #353
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis72    
Hello Everyone,
Waited for today to post cause I am 40 today!! Just got my first horse about three weeks ago!! After my mom passed away in May I realized life is just to short and I MUST follow my passion.....horses!! I had ridden on and off but had not been even near a horse for about 20 yrs. Started taking lessons again about six months ago and here I am the proud owner of a beautiful 14 yr old Quarter Horse mare. She is SO calm and sweet and just even being near her is SO relaxing. As a mom of two and working part-time my time with her is MUCH needed
You're too old for me...well, just about everyone to be honest, but happy birthday anyway...
     
    02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
  #354
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by With Grace    
Happy Birthday and congrats on your new girl! What a wonderful 40th you are having already!!
Thanks! Love your blog...Gracie is too cute!
With Grace likes this.
     
    02-20-2012, 06:16 PM
  #355
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman    
You're too old for me...well, just about everyone to be honest, but happy birthday anyway...
Ha Ha!! Love your Avatar!
     
    02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
  #356
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis72    
Thanks! Love your blog...Gracie is too cute!
aw thank you
     
    02-20-2012, 07:42 PM
  #357
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis72    
Hello Everyone,
Waited for today to post cause I am 40 today!! Just got my first horse about three weeks ago!! After my mom passed away in May I realized life is just to short and I MUST follow my passion.....horses!! I had ridden on and off but had not been even near a horse for about 20 yrs. Started taking lessons again about six months ago and here I am the proud owner of a beautiful 14 yr old Quarter Horse mare. She is SO calm and sweet and just even being near her is SO relaxing. As a mom of two and working part-time my time with her is MUCH needed

Congratulations on turning 40(now life really begins) and your new horse. Pics!!! Not sure if you posted them in a future post, I did not get that far yet. I just got my first horse a few months ago and am loving every second of him!!!
     
    02-20-2012, 07:43 PM
  #358
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis72    
Thanks, Northernstar...I live in Ohio and I have heard so many nice things about Northern Michigan. I had been looking at places to vacation there with my family in the summer...any particular places you recommend?

Anywhere in the you.P. Is amazing!!!! I try to get up there as often as I can which is barely enough
     
    02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
  #359
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis72    
Thanks, Northernstar...I live in Ohio and I have heard so many nice things about Northern Michigan. I had been looking at places to vacation there with my family in the summer...any particular places you recommend?
If you only knew how much I love where I live, I could write a book! Haha
If you're in OH, start by going directly to the north west near Lake Michigan - there, you'll find almost mountainous terrain, (where I live) and, of course, Sleeping Bear Dunes Nat'l Lakeshore, lighthouses, quaint harbor towns, rivers, forests, etc. After enjoying that, head straight up to the Mackinac Bridge, and you'll find yourself in awe as you cross. Be sure to head west on US-2, and you'll have the tip of Lk. MI to your left. Go north to Lake Superior and try to get to Munising as fast as you can so you can treat yourself to something wonderful - Pictured Rocks Nat'l Lakeshore!!! Once you've recovered from being awestruck by that, (not exaggerating! Been there a zillion times, and the parking lot is peppered with license plates from all over the country!), keep heading west! If you have the time, (if you knew what you'd behold you'd cancel every appt. For the next 2 wks!) go up to the magnificent Keweenaw Peninsula!!!! Copper Harbor! Brockway Mountain! All with panoramic vistas of Lake Superior like never imagined. Your life will be enhanced forever by this experience, and I hope you get to any of these places someday :)
goneriding likes this.
     
    02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
  #360
Foal
Getting back into riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Woman    
I am looking into taking lessons to get back into riding again
Western and some English
I read your note with interest.. would love to know how you make out. I started back into riding after many years away.. and found I have lost my nerve/confidence... so have enrolled in a three week intense horse training program in Minnisota.. Being from Ontario it'll be quite a hike to get there with my horse but thinking it'll be the best way for me and my mare to learn to trust each other... build my confidence.
The web site looks interesting so looking forward to it. Unfortunately I can't go until July so taking lessons here and there at our local stable. Thinking I need the three week total absorption of being with her... to bond The weekly lessons are good but I stress all week about them. Yet I enjoy them when on her. Errr
     

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0