Horse talk for mature people over 40 - Page 402
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse talk for mature people over 40

This is a discussion on Horse talk for mature people over 40 within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Vetrycin nz

Like Tree40547Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-10-2012, 03:06 AM
  #4011
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Woman    
I heard back from the riding stable hopefully will go
Out to see the horses later this week or next week

That's great to hear. Good luck with it, and watch Marc he may get interested himself.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-10-2012, 03:08 AM
  #4012
Yearling
Too funny Stan! Between Foxhunters stories and your jokes Im up way too late but well worth it.

Got to the barn this morning to ride and have a trainng session, brushed Kes only to find some 100 or so bumps down her withers to her back. They irritated her enough I couldnt even brush her. So no riding for me today. I lunged then hosed her off, then applied lots of vetrycin. Went back this evening and applied more. Theres just always something, it seems!
     
    07-10-2012, 03:34 AM
  #4013
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by With Grace    
Too funny Stan! Between Foxhunters stories and your jokes Im up way too late but well worth it.

Got to the barn this morning to ride and have a trainng session, brushed Kes only to find some 100 or so bumps down her withers to her back. They irritated her enough I couldnt even brush her. So no riding for me today. I lunged then hosed her off, then applied lots of vetrycin. Went back this evening and applied more. Theres just always something, it seems!
I sympathize with you It seems we have horses that attract issues like flies to the honey pot Any ideas what has caused the lumps.

Our tick season starts in a few weeks. Last year Stella had a reaction to ticks which stoped me riding for quite some time. This year she is staying on our property. Last year she was grazing on a friends when hit by the ticks. Fingers crossed.

But Stella is my horse warts and all
     
    07-10-2012, 03:38 AM
  #4014
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan    
I sympathize with you It seems we have horses that attract issues like flies to the honey pot Any ideas what has caused the lumps.

Our tick season starts in a few weeks. Last year Stella had a reaction to ticks which stoped me riding for quite some time. This year she is staying on our property. Last year she was grazing on a friends when hit by the ticks. Fingers crossed.

But Stella is my horse warts and all
The only thing I can think of that caused it was the surcingle used to long line her in the heat yesterday. Maybe she sweated and had a reaction to the surcingle? I've been out of town while my trainer worked her.

Ticks sound scary, we don't get many here thankgoodness but I have seen some spiders recently that could carry off a small dog.
     
    07-10-2012, 04:06 AM
  #4015
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by With Grace    
The only thing I can think of that caused it was the surcingle used to long line her in the heat yesterday. Maybe she sweated and had a reaction to the surcingle? I've been out of town while my trainer worked her.

Ticks sound scary, we don't get many here thankgoodness but I have seen some spiders recently that could carry off a small dog.
Small dog You have been reading to many new zealand stories

I hope she improves quickly
With Grace likes this.
     
    07-10-2012, 07:42 AM
  #4016
Foal
Quote:
I don't own any horses, but am considering leasing after a season or two of lessons.
That's about what I'm doing too, Bones. I'm also 57 and want to maybe try leasing a horse after another year or so of lessons.

Here in the NYC area, the temp has gone down 10 degrees & we have less humidity for a while. Maybe I'll have a nice day for my first horse show on Sunday. Lately, lessons have been like training for survival in extreme heat.

Dancer spooked at a killer crow ambush on Sunday and dumped me. No injuries, just one sore spot so it must be a good luck sign for the show. She's such a funny old girl - looked at me like "hey, why are you down there?" afterwards. As if she didn't know.
     
    07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
  #4017
Green Broke
Gunner and Badger in the rain yesterday .. (and my husband -- who had to run out and buy brushes, flyspray, hoofpicks, treats .. for HIS horse .. hehe .. he's so proud)





Gunner


Badger


Gunner and Seiko (pasture owner's dog)
     
    07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
  #4018
Started
Texasgal. When I run out and buy treats for Stella I also buy for Kate as well. I think I am more attached to my wifes horse than she is. Or has she trained me to feel guilty if I don't include her horse when I go shopping for Stella. I enjoyed the photos the horses look great.
texasgal likes this.
     
    07-10-2012, 01:24 PM
  #4019
Trained
I heard back from the stables she has Tuesday evening, Thursaday afternoon
Friday or Saturday. So I think Sat would work
     
    07-10-2012, 01:31 PM
  #4020
Green Broke
Stan .. lol. I didn't mean to imply that the treats weren't for Badger too .. I just think it's funny that he's going out and buying horse stuff because HE has a horse .. hehehehe.

I should have done this years ago....
With Grace likes this.
     

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0