Patience is a virtue
...and I am starting to lose it.
The forecast is calling for yet another snow storm this weekend with 15+ cm of new snow. Although it is barely melting today, temps are not expected to go above freezing until next week (if the forecast doesn't change again). This is nearing the end of our 7th month of winter weather and I am losing patience.
We were supposed to start our barn over 3 weeks ago, but the site is still frozen and under over a foot of ice and snow. The only snowless places to ride are on the road or to haul in to an arena. It is too slippery to even do any groundwork in the yard. On the very limited patches where there is no snow, we have a lumpy, poopy half frozen muddy mess. I am starting to resent my winter boots and long for the days when simple paddock boots or sneakers will do.
I think the horses are getting frustrated with the weather. They want to shed out their winter hair, but its too cold. I think they are getting tired of hay and are anxious for the arrival of some solid footing and fresh spring grasses.
I am also still waiting to start in riding lessons again. The coach is just back from a 3 month road trip, so we haven't had a chance to set a date and time to start or to go over what to focus on. Waiting impatiently to set this up.
I am also still in limbo at work, not knowing where I will be working or what I will be doing after June. Budget cuts have been tough on everybody, especially those of us declared "surplus". I have submitted applications for 3 positions that I am still waiting to hear back on. I don't expect anything will happen until the end of April at the earliest, so right now all I can do is wait and see.
Anybody wanna trade some patience for a few megatons of snow?